What's new

AX88U 160mhz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RedMaligator

Occasional Visitor
I finally got all devices on 2g and 5g connected to router and no issues on dropped connections or delayed connection. Took some testing and configuring in router. I have a question, if channel 44 says its 20mhz it should be 20mhz and channel is 50 it should be 160mhz.

Questions:

If the Center channel is 50 @ 160mhz why is it posting control channel on first screenshot?
If the Center channel is 44 @160mhz on 2nd screenshot?
I'm confused with GUI and what I should be paying attention too...

Can 2g @ 20mhz be picked up, be seen and decoded from my router on what it is sending and receiving?

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 7.50.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 7.53.42 PM.png

If the Center channel is 50 @ 160mhz why is it posting control channel on first screenshot?
Why not? It's extra information. Knowing the centre channel doesn't tell you what the control channel is.

If the Center channel is 44 @160mhz on 2nd screenshot?
The second screenshot always shows the control channel / bandwidth.

Can 2g @ 20mhz be picked up, be seen and decoded from my router on what it is sending and receiving?
Yes - I think. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Last edited:
Why not? It's extra information. Knowing the centre channel doesn't tell you what the control channel is.

The second screenshot always shows the control channel / bandwidth.

Yes - I think. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

What I mean, People (hackers) scanning frequencies 20mhz, 40mhz and 80mhz to pickup what my router is putting out and recieving?

What I mean, People (hackers) scanning frequencies 20mhz, 40mhz and 80mhz to pickup what my router is putting out and recieving?
Everything is encrypted if you're using WPA2 or WPA3 with EAS so it would be a fairly pointless exercise.

Side note to others: Please don't start with the "But WPA3, blah, blah, blah isn't secure...." comments.

Last edited:
Everything is encrypted if you're using WPA2 or WPA3 with EAS so it would be a fairly pointless exercise.

Side note to others: Please don't start with the "But WPA3, blah, blah, blah isn't secure...." comments.

Thank you. Was curious.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!