What's new

Release AX88U 3.0.0.4.384.9579 (2020/10/13)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ryan806

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.9579
- Improved system stability.
- Fix Reflected XSS on routers.
- Fix bandwidth limiter GUI bugs.
- Fix unifi-home iptv profile issue

Just noticed this on the ASUS website but yet to flash, anyone done so yet and if so what are your thoughts?

Good spot! No not yet as the benefits are a bit ambiguous. I'll probably wait for the Merlin Release based on this ASUS core - doing that will provide another input/QA on how robust the ASUS version actually is.

Good spot! No not yet as the benefits are a bit ambiguous. I'll probably wait for the Merlin Release based on this ASUS core - doing that will provide another input/QA on how robust the ASUS version actually is.

I'm not releasing any further firmware based on the 384 code. The code base is too fragmented, I can't compile images for more than one or two models at one point in time.

Why would they bother with 384 code on one of their newer models?

Why would they bother with 384 code on one of their newer models?

Because 386 is still in beta, and they felt that these fixes were important enough to release now.

Because 386 is still in beta, and they felt that these fixes were important enough to release now.

Agreed. I installed this update because I was having some sporadic connectivity issues with nest hello, nest protect, and occasionally some intel based laptops (HP and Dell). It's been about 24 hours, and things seem more stable.

Hi everybody. Is this 9579 stock firmware (still the latest available) stable, with decent 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz range? Seems odd that the earlier RT-AC88U firmware is on 385, but this newer model is on 384. I assume there won't be a stock 385 for the AX, but that it will go to 386?

i find the 9579 very stable. i only had one device with problems(esp8266).
It turned out that my old RT-AC66U with fork firmware had a bit better range on 2.4Ghz and more power (200mw)

i eventually installed an Aruba AP-ANT-35 and the range is much better.
no problems since
unless i find that merlin builds will add serious features i will stick with the official build

i find the 9579 very stable. i only had one device with problems(esp8266).
It turned out that my old RT-AC66U with fork firmware had a bit better range on 2.4Ghz and more power (200mw)

i eventually installed an Aruba AP-ANT-35 and the range is much better.
no problems since
unless i find that merlin builds will add serious features i will stick with the official build

Thanks. I've just bought and installed the RT-AX88U and put 9579 on it. So far so good, but time will tell - only been 1 day so far. Merlin and others are doing great work, but my personal preference is that if it works, I just stick with the stock firmware.

Official 386 firmware available directly from RT-AX88U web GUI. Just downloaded....

when you hit the check button it shows up and the Firmware Upgrade button appears.

i am still testing this build to get the wifi as stable as possible (20Mhz channel 11, 5Ghz channel 100)

one question. can we easy rol back to the previous firmware or is asus blocking that?

coming from the fork version(expert) it was real easy to go back and forth but with the official asus firmware i do not have a clue(novice level)

Yes, website is showing and has a changelog: https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RT-AX88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Anyone brave enough to apply it already, please let us know! I am still on 384 9579. It has been stable, but I had to turn off HE frames (802.11ax) since about once a day, the 2 ax devices on my network (both Iphone 12s) would stop passing all traffic, even though both they and the router showed them as connected and there was nothing in the syslog. Now, they obviously are connecting as ac rather than ax (in the wireless log, which is quite useful to see strengths and PHY data). Asus must be aware of some ax issues, since the router asks if it should be enabled or not when doing the initial setup, and has a note about updating drivers on client devices. Right now, ax for me at least seems to introduce more issues and I don't really need link speeds more than 866Mbit/s. Higher speeds and the 160Mhz channels are great, but ultimately you are potentially causing more interference, channel overlap and less bandwidth for other devices. Personally, I would go for stability and coverage over a slight increase from ac to ax speed. Wifi6e and the 6Ghz channel looks interesting - otherwise, in corporate environments and potentially homes, I suspect 802.11ac will be with us for a good while yet. Sorry if a bit off topic!

Yes, website is showing and has a changelog: https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RT-AX88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Anyone brave enough to apply it already, please let us know! I am still on 384 9579. It has been stable, but I had to turn off HE frames (802.11ax) since about once a day, the 2 ax devices on my network (both Iphone 12s) would stop passing all traffic, even though both they and the router showed them as connected and there was nothing in the syslog. Now, they obviously are connecting as ac rather than ax (in the wireless log, which is quite useful to see strengths and PHY data). Asus must be aware of some ax issues, since the router asks if it should be enabled or not when doing the initial setup, and has a note about updating drivers on client devices. Right now, ax for me at least seems to introduce more issues and I don't really need link speeds more than 866Mbit/s. Higher speeds and the 160Mhz channels are great, but ultimately you are potentially causing more interference, channel overlap and less bandwidth for other devices. Personally, I would go for stability and coverage over a slight increase from ac to ax speed. Wifi6e and the 6Ghz channel looks interesting - otherwise, in corporate environments and potentially homes, I suspect 802.11ac will be with us for a good while yet. Sorry if a bit off topic!

It doesn't work for me (http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ax88u-firmware-v3-0-0-4-386_41249.68270/post-639869). After performing update from Web UI, my network connection using PPPoE doesn't work anymore. Earlier I've tried 386 beta RC8 and had exactly the same issue. After going back to 384 PPPoE is working fine.

PPPoE support seems to be basic functionality of router, so I believe that it was tested before releasing official firmware and the problem is somewhere in my setup but anyway this firmware doesn't work for me.

Just flashed it myself
let's encrypt stuck on authorizing,did factory default
same issue

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!