Release AX88U 3.0.0.4.384.9579 (2020/10/13)

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

ryan806

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.9579
- Improved system stability.
- Fix Reflected XSS on routers.
- Fix bandwidth limiter GUI bugs.
- Fix unifi-home iptv profile issue

Just noticed this on the ASUS website but yet to flash, anyone done so yet and if so what are your thoughts?

CirenJules

New Around Here
Good spot! No not yet as the benefits are a bit ambiguous. I'll probably wait for the Merlin Release based on this ASUS core - doing that will provide another input/QA on how robust the ASUS version actually is.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Good spot! No not yet as the benefits are a bit ambiguous. I'll probably wait for the Merlin Release based on this ASUS core - doing that will provide another input/QA on how robust the ASUS version actually is.
I'm not releasing any further firmware based on the 384 code. The code base is too fragmented, I can't compile images for more than one or two models at one point in time.

Gar

Very Senior Member
Why would they bother with 384 code on one of their newer models?

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Why would they bother with 384 code on one of their newer models?
Because 386 is still in beta, and they felt that these fixes were important enough to release now.

bradbort

Because 386 is still in beta, and they felt that these fixes were important enough to release now.
Agreed. I installed this update because I was having some sporadic connectivity issues with nest hello, nest protect, and occasionally some intel based laptops (HP and Dell). It's been about 24 hours, and things seem more stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!