What's new

AX88U IPv6 not working with T-Mobile Home Internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

I was trying to enable IPv6 with my T-Mobile Home Internet line (CGNAT), I enabled IPv6 Passthrough as suggested in the FAQ (https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/113990) because I am using WAN DHCP, after restart IPv4 works fine and I get IPv6 on the DHCP clients, but the router web interface is showing WAN Disconnected and the WAN led on the router will be red, it is weird because everything (IPv4 and IPv6) seems to work, is there a way to fix this or should I use a different parameter or is this a problem with CGNAT and the way T-Mobile implements IPv6? As far as I know the whole Celular network is IPv6 Native, so it should work, maybe is an issues with the Asus FW? I am using the latest, thank you

T-Mo 5G-FWA is a bit odd as they do not issue a PD for IPv6 - so this could be problematic for devices that do not attach directly to their GW...

I"ve got to the point with T-Mo - let their GW handle stuff - you'll actually get better performance, and you'll have less headaches to deal with...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!