What's new

AX88U Pro, No SNMP tab in latest official firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

3.0.0.6.102_21514 is a completely new branch of the firmware, "ASUSWRT 5.0". Maybe they will add it again in the future.
let's hope so.

Every week I send them report of things that I see that are not going very fine, the last was the wifi channels, in v3.0.0.4... if you let you put both bands in manual mode and choose your desired channel, now no, if you put it in the 2.4 band in manual mode, it gets auto on the 5ghz band, does not make much sense ... but it happens. The same if you want to set manual on the 5Ghz band it goes to auto on the 2.4Ghz band.

That is definitely not normal. But that is why you shouldn't assume that what firmware the router was delivered with was in a stable state.

As I've mentioned before; to verify if a bug is real or not, perform a full reset to factory defaults. Do not use a saved backup config file. Do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

Only by doing this will you be testing the router/firmware with its expected defaults.

I will try it, I never restore from configuration file, I have my screenshots of the parameters I have to change.

I keep saying the firmware is green, they say it is stable, but it is not.

There is no need to do another factory reset on a new router because that's the way it is shipped from the factory (there's a clue in the name there).

Yes, there is a need to do so. I've seen many new routers, right out of the box that were not stable until they were reset fully and properly.

And, particularly if you're trying to see if something is a 'bug' or not, it is useful to do so too.

This goes to the fact that toggling options on/off aren't the same as leaving them at defaults too. For example.

The stock firmware does not support temparature display or SNMP. I believe Asus added SNMP code for some specific ISP models, but it's not enabled for their regular retail models.

Yes, there is a need to do so. I've seen many new routers, right out of the box that were not stable until they were reset fully and properly.

And, particularly if you're trying to see if something is a 'bug' or not, it is useful to do so too.

This goes to the fact that toggling options on/off aren't the same as leaving them at defaults too. For example.
Performed factory reset... following the official guide to keep pressing the WPS button while connecting.

Configuring from 0 without using configuration file, the same. Nothing.

No SNMP tab (the ax58u does have it), and the same with the wifi, if you set the channel to manual in 2.4ghz it changes to auto in 5ghz and the same the other way round (the latter is already reported to asus).

Congratulations on top class firmware which I've been using for years.

I also noticed that the 3004.388.5 drop of merlin does not support SNMP. I've just upgraded my hardware from an RT-AC88U which did support SNMP. Not sure if earlier versions did support it on the AX88U.

Can I ask the reason why SNMP has been removed from the RT-AX88U? Its not like the router doesn't have enough flash or RAM and I found it very useful for monitoring aspects of the router.

This is the first major issue I've come across where useful features have been removed, without, from what I can tell, good reason.

Please advise if this feature could be added back in?

Thanks in advance.

In the latest firmware version v3.0.0.6.102_32843 for the AX88U Pro, there is no trace of SNMP.

A pity, because I have monitored other equipment on the network with SNMP in Grafana.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online