What's new

AX88U Pro, No SNMP tab in latest official firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

azagramac

Regular Contributor
I have the latest stock version installed on an AX88U Pro, and they have removed the SNMP tab....

Version installed: 3.0.0.6.102_21514

1689335091116.png

Last edited:
After flashing this latest firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514, did you do a full reset to factory defaults? Without using any saved backup config file? And performing a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP?

Did stock firmware ever have a temperature tab? I thought that was a Merlin-only feature. Not sure whether the AX88U Pro has SNMP support.

After flashing this latest firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514, did you do a full reset to factory defaults? Without using any saved backup config file? And performing a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP?
It is a new unit, with factory firmware. A different version has not been installed.

Did stock firmware ever have a temperature tab? I thought that was a Merlin-only feature. Not sure whether the AX88U Pro has SNMP support.
I had another AX88U Pro, with the 3.0.0.4... and if I had in the stock firmware the temperature tab and the SNMP tab that has always been there, and it is still in my other AX58U router.

So, you did not reset to factory defaults.

Assuming something is 'x', is usually the problem.

If you want to test that the new firmware defaults are really as you're reporting them, then a full reset is more than likely required.

I do not remember AsusWRT firmware ever providing temperature information.

😨

Hello Jose,

In relation to your inquiry, we inform you that this functionality has been removed in the version indicated.

As for the operation of the wifi channels, we will proceed to open a support ticket to request more information.
We need you to enable Enable System Diagnostics and send it immediately after the malfunction has occurred, with the date, time, and mac of the equipment where the malfunction occurre.

Thank you in advance!

We hope our answer was helpful. In case you have any further questions, MyASUS provides 24/7 real-time, personalized support for your ASUS products, available for free from the Microsoft Store and Google Play Store. You will be able to see a demo of how it works in this link.

Thank you for your contact with ASUS Spain.
Yours sincerely,
Asus Spain TSD

Contacto del Soporte Técnico ASUS: 932 938 154 (lunes a viernes, de 9:00 a 20:00)
https://www.asus.com/es/support

Al enviar e-mails a ASUS, usted está de acuerdo en que ASUS pueda recoger su dirección de e-mail, nombre de la cuenta de e-mail y cualquier otra información incluida en estos e-mails enviados a ASUS para cumplir con su solicitud de Servicio de Atención al Cliente, y también confirma que está de acuerdo con nuestra "

Política de privacidad de ASUS

I had another AX88U Pro, with the 3.0.0.4... and if I had in the stock firmware the temperature tab and the SNMP tab that has always been there, and it is still in my other AX58U router.
Your screenshot here shows your old AX88U Pro running Merlin's firmware. Your signature says your AX58U is also running Merlin.

Your screenshot here shows your old AX88U Pro running Merlin's firmware. Your signature says your AX58U is also running Merlin.
The other one I had, I had it with merlin, but I had to return it due to equipment problems and they sent me a new one. This one is completely virgin with stock firmware.

The other one I had, I had it with merlin, but I had to return it due to equipment problems and they sent me a new one. This one is completely virgin with stock firmware.
So that's why there isn't a temperature tab. Stock firmware doesn't have it. It's a Merlin-only feature.

and SNMP? you can see screenshots on the internet of it with stock firmware.

The temperature, which is not visible on the web, is not a problem for me, since it can be consulted via ssh. But the SNMP is, because I have it monitored with Grafana.

Bash:
Temp CPU:
$ cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp | awk '{printf("%.1f\n", $1 / 1000) }'

Wifi 2.4:
$ wl -i eth6 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'

WiFi 5:
$ wl -i eth7 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'

Last edited:
and SNMP? you can see screenshots on the internet of it with stock firmware.
I don't know about SNMP. SNMP is only supported on certain models, not all models.

Is that the question you asked Asus in post #8? If so then they have removed it. In the past Merlin also removed SNMP for certain models because it didn't work on them.

with firmware 3.0.0.4, if supported, both in stock and merlin firmware.
In fact I configured all the monitoring with grafana in that version.

It's a big mess to remove it, more in a model that is sold as "Pro", even the AX58U has it as standard in stock.

not like that asus, not like that...

with firmware 3.0.0.4, if supported, both in stock and merlin firmware.
3.0.0.4 is not a firmware version. :confused:

In fact I configured all the monitoring with grafana in that version.

It's a big mess to remove it, more in a model that is sold as "Pro", even the AX58U has it as standard in stock.

not like that asus, not like that...

FW_RT_AX88U_PRO_300438822250, SNMP OK
FW_RT_AX88U_PRO_300438823110, SNMP OK
FW_RT_AX88U_PRO_300610221514, NO SNMP

3.0.0.4 is not a firmware version. :confused:

thank you for link... I understand that only some models have it, but to remove it in some models where they had it?

The move from 3.0.0.4.xxx to 3.0.0.6.xxx is a big step.

They may bring in even more features (soonish) as they test/verify the stability of the newest firmware with broad availability and more people with varied environments doing the testing.

The move from 3.0.0.4.xxx to 3.0.0.6.xxx is a big step.

They may bring in even more features (soonish) as they test/verify the stability of the newest firmware with broad availability and more people with varied environments doing the testing.
I agree, although they should indicate it in the changelog and they don't even mention it.

Every week I send them report of things that I see that are not going very fine, the last was the wifi channels, in v3.0.0.4... if you let you put both bands in manual mode and choose your desired channel, now no, if you put it in the 2.4 band in manual mode, it gets auto on the 5ghz band, does not make much sense ... but it happens. The same if you want to set manual on the 5Ghz band it goes to auto on the 2.4Ghz band.

I hope that in the next one they will return the snmp again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!