What's new

AX88U Pro VLAN support: AP Mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ptthstr

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

The AX88U Pro has recently added support for VLANs in release version 3.0.0.6.102_21514 (June 6th, 2023).

I have two questions related to that:
  1. Has the feature been added to Merlin as well?
  2. VLANs obviously work in router mode, but are they supported in AP mode? What I mean is: if I have a router that is managing the VLANs, could I associate VLAN numbers with different ports and SSIDs on the Asus router, just like it is possible with a managed switch or wireless AP?

Thank you for your help :)

Has the feature been added to Merlin as well?
No. This is a well discussed/asked issue that can be found using the forum search feature.
VLANs obviously work in router mode, but are they supported in AP mode? What I mean is: if I have a router that is managing the VLANs, could I associate VLAN numbers with different ports and SSIDs on the Asus router, just like it is possible with a managed switch or wireless AP?
A suggestion if you already own the router. Why not try it out for yourself? Install the 3.0.0.6.x firmware, reset the router to AP mode and see if the Guest Network Pro/VLAN feature is present.

No. This is a well discussed/asked issue that can be found using the forum search feature.
Sorry and thanks for the clarification.
A suggestion if you already own the router. Why not try it out for yourself? Install the 3.0.0.6.x firmware, reset the router to AP mode and see if the Guest Network Pro/VLAN feature is present.
I don't, otherwise I would have done so. That would be a factor in my purchase. I'll ask the question on the main Asus WRT forum. Thanks

They appear to be present in stock firmware running in AP mode
1710616757502.png