What's new

AX92u AiMesh nodes going down to 2.4GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mine has remained on 5GHz since I replied to this thread and changed the power save setting. That might be a record for now. I hope it sticks.

Mine has remained on 5GHz since I replied to this thread and changed the power save setting. That might be a record for now. I hope it sticks.
I just found this thread as I have the same issue than original poster with same setup.
No luck for me with APSD, backhaul still dropping back to 2.4ghz every few days even with strong signal on the 5Ghz :-(

I just found this thread as I have the same issue than original poster with same setup.
No luck for me with APSD, backhaul still dropping back to 2.4ghz every few days even with strong signal on the 5Ghz :-(
I'm having the same problem, running a setup with GT-AX11000 and two RT-AX92U. I've tried "everything" but I still have the problem that the backhaul is dropping to 2.4 ghz several times a day now. I think I live really close to a weather station with a radar but I have chosen 80 MHz for the 5ghz 2 channel so it should not be disturbed by that. Have you found anything?

I'm having the same problem, running a setup with GT-AX11000 and two RT-AX92U. I've tried "everything" but I still have the problem that the backhaul is dropping to 2.4 ghz several times a day now. I think I live really close to a weather station with a radar but I have chosen 80 MHz for the 5ghz 2 channel so it should not be disturbed by that. Have you found anything?
I live not too far from a major UK airport, so I suspected DFS channels disconnecting.
I deactivated 160MHz band on 5GHz-2 last week, and so far it's been stable for me, but it might just be luck (I didn't have dropping several times a day also, it was just every few days for me).
Strangely I couldn't untick "Auto select channel including DFS channels" on 5Ghz-2, it always reticks itself after I apply.
I unticked it on 5Ghz-1 though but I'm not sure if that affects the ability to use 160Mhz band on this band.
The RSSI on 5GHz-2 on the node is fluctuating between -58db and -64db depending on the time of the day and god knows what else.

Well I'm glad that it worked out for you.
Yes I have also noticed that it's not possible to untick auto select on 5Ghz-2 which is problematic since I see in the log that 5Ghz-2 is still using dfs channels that are affected by the radar. Very strange!
Thanks for your answer!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!