What's new

AXE 16000 Aimesh problem with AX92U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alexgee

New Around Here
I got my AXE 16000 about a month already, everything look great and run perfectly individually. But I do have problem to set this up as aimesh with a pair of AX92U. The 5GHZ-2 supposed to be the main backhaul channel, but it constantly dropping out and turn to channel 0, and the aimesh with connect to 2.4ghz. Does anyone in here has solution for it or any suggestion?
Previously I am using the only pair of AX92U on aimesh and have no problem at all. And also I can run the AX92U on repeater mode that connect to AXE16000 without any issue.

any help here?? I try again aimesh today on my AXE16000 with the pair of AX92U, it crashed every 2 hours, I have put it back on repeater mode

I got my AXE 16000 about a month already, everything look great and run perfectly individually. But I do have problem to set this up as aimesh with a pair of AX92U. The 5GHZ-2 supposed to be the main backhaul channel, but it constantly dropping out and turn to channel 0, and the aimesh with connect to 2.4ghz. Does anyone in here has solution for it or any suggestion?
Previously I am using the only pair of AX92U on aimesh and have no problem at all. And also I can run the AX92U on repeater mode that connect to AXE16000 without any issue.
Have you found any solution yet? I'm having the exact same problem. So annoying

AI Mesh is buggy in old Asus firmware and even in Merlin's firmware. Update to the latest Asus firmware released on Sep 13 2022 should fix your issue.

Have you found any solution yet? I'm having the exact same problem. So annoying
I've had this problem for many months! I'm using the ASUS GT-AX11000 with four ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Mesh nodes. Almost daily, the Mesh nodes will switch from 5GHz to 2.4Ghz. I currently have the latest Merlin FW installed on the ASUS GT-AX11000 and the last ASUS FW installed on the four ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Mesh nodes. I'm not sure what else to do, other than remove the ASUS ZenWifi AX (XT8) Mesh nodes from my home networking configuration and trash them! I'm not sure switching from the latest Merlin FW version to the ASUS FW version will solve the problem. I'll wait to see if others have tried it before I switch.

I've had this problem for many months! I'm using the ASUS GT-AX11000 with four ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Mesh nodes. Almost daily, the Mesh nodes will switch from 5GHz to 2.4Ghz. I currently have the latest Merlin FW installed on the ASUS GT-AX11000 and the last ASUS FW installed on the four ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Mesh nodes. I'm not sure what else to do, other than remove the ASUS ZenWifi AX (XT8) Mesh nodes from my home networking configuration and trash them! I'm not sure switching from the latest Merlin FW version to the ASUS FW version will solve the problem. I'll wait to see if others have tried it before I switch.
I have put both of my AX92U as a repeater and bridge mode and working for a month without any issue. I will wait for asus to fix the issue before switching back to mesh mode.

I've tried both firmwares and still doing the same thing. It is ridiculous having this amount of problems with latest product from Asus. Wish I never went for this router, my AX1100 was superb and not a single issues in past few years.

I managed to run my nodes with “great quality link”(5Ghz). I have 2 ax92u as nodes connected to axe16000. I’m using latest stock firmware atm cos I heard that merlin one not discovering new aimesh nodes yet? Anyway, after adding ax92u’s as nodes I turned on smart connect in ‘wireless general’. Option called ‘aimesh wireless backhaul’ appeared in 5ghz-2 section which I’ve set this up as “use as backhaul connection” and channel bandwidth to 80mhz - saved and voila

I managed to run my nodes with “great quality link”(5Ghz). I have 2 ax92u as nodes connected to axe16000. I’m using latest stock firmware atm cos I heard that merlin one not discovering new aimesh nodes yet? Anyway, after adding ax92u’s as nodes I turned on smart connect in ‘wireless general’. Option called ‘aimesh wireless backhaul’ appeared in 5ghz-2 section which I’ve set this up as “use as backhaul connection” and channel bandwidth to 80mhz - saved and voila
Are you able to stay connect at 5ghz with smart connect turn off? I manage to get it to work as you describe with the old firmware as well, but it drops out to 2ghz after 2 days

Are you able to stay connect at 5ghz with smart connect turn off? I manage to get it to work as you describe with the old firmware as well, but it drops out to 2ghz after 2 days
Unfortunately not, after turning smart connect off its drop down to 2.4GhZ (weak link quality)

Having the same problem in Jan 2023. I have an AX11000 and used AX92U as aimesh node with no problems. Connection was always shown as "great".
I set up the AXE16000 from scratch, factory reset the AX92U, and it will only connect on 2.4GHz band, showing connection as "weak".
I also reset the AX11000 and tried it as a node. It connects on 5GHz, but frequently disconnects, like every 10 minutes.
All 3 have the latest release software.

Got the same problem that the node is dropping running two axe gt 16000 routers. On ethernet backhaul only mode so only ethernet cable. Wired to the 10gb port on router 1 and first at a 10gb port at the node set as internet port now switched to the 2.5gb internet port at the node. With a new cat7 cable.

But wifi is dropping on me on the node. Linked devices lose connection or say internet unstable. Devices on the first router don't have troubles.

Also wired devices on the ai mesh node. Now on the default asus firmware like someone suggested before.

Suggestion are welcome.

I solved the problem by deactivating the "Smart Connect" function under "Wireless". After that, I assigned all frequencies the same SSID and password. No more Ai mesh node problems (reboots, disconnections).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!