What's new

Solved Backup JFFS Partition function pauses on download

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Viktor Jaep

Part of the Furniture
Wanted to report that while backing up my JFFS partition the other day (running 386.4 on an AC86U), I noticed when it started downloading the file, it immediately indicated it was in a PAUSED state. I had to "resume" it to allow it to download. If you don't resume it, it will sit there indefinitely. I tried it 3x in a row, just to see if there were file size difference, and there were some slight differences, but I was left wondering if it's making a complete backup, or am I interrupting its process when I hit resume? I've tried this on Chrome in both Windows and on a Chromebook, with the same issue, however, I didn't experience this issue on Firefox, so I'm guessing it's a Chrome-specific issue. Anything to worry about?

Screenshot 2022-01-16 09.37.56.png

Wanted to report that while backing up my JFFS partition the other day (running 386.4 on an AC86U), I noticed when it started downloading the file, it immediately indicated it was in a PAUSED state. I had to "resume" it to allow it to download. If you don't resume it, it will sit there indefinitely. I tried it 3x in a row, just to see if there were file size difference, and there were some slight differences, but I was left wondering if it's making a complete backup, or am I interrupting its process when I hit resume? I've tried this on Chrome in both Windows and on a Chromebook, with the same issue, however, I didn't experience this issue on Firefox, so I'm guessing it's a Chrome-specific issue. Anything to worry about?

View attachment 38638
Since I did not do any JFFS partition backup since upgrading to 386.4 on the same router, I have done one on Egde and Brave without any issues. Therefore I am assuming that your reported problem might only be limited to Chrome (unfortunately I do not have this browser installed on my OS).

I've never had this problem with Chrome. Try Incognito mode to see if an extension is causing the problem. Check the file's integrity with the "test" function of your file archive utility.

I've never had this problem with Chrome. Try Incognito mode to see if an extension is causing the problem. Check the file's integrity with the "test" function of your file archive utility.
That was it. Thanks very much for the suggestion. Turned out to be the MalwareBytes extension blocking things, even though it said it wasn't.