What's new

Backup software?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Crashed

Occasional Visitor
Firstly, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but there doesn't seem to be any area specifically for backup storage solutions around. I apologize in advance if I'm breaking a rule.

I just would like to know if anyone can suggest or recommend any backup software for Win2k3 and Win2k8 servers?

I just need active directory and shared files and folders to be saved weekly, and I can't/don't want to spend $1k for Symantec Backup.

Any suggestions? I was considering Nova Backup Server or Backup Assist.

i planned to use this with 2 servers only and it would be extra nice if I just needed to buy 1 piece of software for both servers instead of paying for 2.

Thanks

I am from Vembu Technologies and I want to suggest you StoreGrid for your backup need.

As you required, StoreGrid can backup both server and desktop systems. You can backup your server as well as desktop data to external storage or your own backup server set in the local or remote location.

The local backup to external storage is fully free without any restriction. It has specialized plugin backup for critical applications like Exchange, SQL Server etc.,.

Just give a try to that.
--
Aravind
storegrid.vembu.com

Aravind

Storegrid looks interesting based on your website, however I find nearly no independents reviewing/commenting on it. Pretty much only fake review sites that try to get a vig for selling a copy.

Can you point me int he direction of a real review from a respected source?

Thx.

I am from Vembu Technologies and I want to suggest you StoreGrid for your backup need.

As you required, StoreGrid can backup both server and desktop systems. You can backup your server as well as desktop data to external storage or your own backup server set in the local or remote location.

The local backup to external storage is fully free without any restriction. It has specialized plugin backup for critical applications like Exchange, SQL Server etc.,.

Just give a try to that.
--
Aravind
storegrid.vembu.com

crashplan is popular. Free version can backup to local disks and/or to their cloud server.
I don't know that they support MS's server OSes

Thanks for the info guys. I was looking at Backup Assistance and NovaBackup Server. Anyone hear anything good about either of these?

I'm hoping to save the permissions and active directory data for easy restoration.

Thanks again,
Crashed

Thanks for the info guys. I was looking at Backup Assistance and NovaBackup Server. Anyone hear anything good about either of these?

I'm hoping to save the permissions and active directory data for easy restoration.

Thanks again,
Crashed

You should be able to backup your OU settings using Windows built-in backup app. Set it to backup the System state. You can also separately backup each GPO using this built-in app.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!