What's new

Bandwidth Limiter. What am I doing wrong?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Old thread, but helped me out so I thought I would update.
Using these tricks, I could never get it working on 384.17 with my RT-AX58U.
After upgrading to 384.19, it worked right away. I even tested the "going to Bandwidth Monitor page breaks it" and that seems to be fixed.

So my investigation has uncovered something else interesting. I'm still running 7378 right now and bandwidth limiter is working for multiple devices. However, I discovered something else interesting. If I visit the Adaptive QoS page at all (the first one where it shows Bandwidth Monitor and each device's utilization), all bandwidth limiter rules will immediately stop working. To get them working again, I have to go to the QoS tab again and hit "Apply" at the bottom under all of the bandwidth limit rules. After hitting apply, the limits start working again.

So right now, to get this thing working you need to be on code level 7378 and NEVER EVER go to the Bandwidth Monitor tab under Adaptive QoS.

I think tomorrow I might mess around some more and see if I can get it to work on the latest firmware version but messing around with the Apply button and the various screens. It is possible that earlier when I tested the latest firmware I had visited the Bandwidth Monitor screen and messed everything up. For now, though, I'm going to leave it because I feel like this firmware is held together by duct tape.
Hi Steve, how do you know it works if you do not view the monitor page?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!