What's new

Beefy (preferably Asus) router for wired usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wakil78793

New Around Here
Hello.
I'm searching a router (preferably Asus with Merlin) with a beefy CPU and specs.
Wireless will be turned off and used as a wired router (1000/100 Mbps IPS, VPN, Zoom, Teams, downloading etc.).
Which one would be the best?
Thanks!

If you want high routing performance without wifi, then I recommend going down the homebrew route, with a small fanless PC and something like pfsense. For the same price you will get much better routing performance.

Hello.
I'm searching a router (preferably Asus with Merlin) with a beefy CPU and specs.
Wireless will be turned off and used as a wired router (1000/100 Mbps IPS, VPN, Zoom, Teams, downloading etc.).
Which one would be the best?
Thanks!
Along the lines of a homebrew mentioned above, here is one example, not the cheapest, just to get an idea. You could ad AP's later if you wanted to. Honestly, probably the lowest budget model running Pfsense could handle your needs. Wireguard, Suricata, Pfblocker all easy add ons to Pfsense, really stable, documentation is top notch. I would say it does require some basic understanding of networking environment but if you don't do a lot of frigging around it just works.

Qotom are also very popular, affordable options for these types of routers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!