What's new

Voxel Beginners Guide to Voxel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bozdee

New Around Here
Hi all,

Newbie here. After reading some posts through here it has become very apparent to me that I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to networking. I really would appreciate some help so I'll start with what I'd like to achieve and how I plan on going about it and perhaps I could get some help from the lovely folk here.

I currently have:
1. RBR50 + 4x RBS50 satellites (daisy chain) + 1x unused RBR50
2. Netgear 2.7.2.104 firmaware

I want to:
1. Convert spare RBR50 into RBS50
2. Upgrade all items to Voxel latest firmware

I believe I have to:
1. Upgrade to Voxel Firmare
-navigate to manual update page on orbi web login
-roll back all satellites at same time to netgear 2.5.2.4 and wait for them to reappear in GUI
-roll back router and wait for it to reappear in GUI
-download Voxel latest firmware and manually upload to satellites simultaneously first
-as above for router
-all of my network settings should remain the same??

2.Convert RBR50 to RBS50
-Follow this: -Is that correct? Or can I set it up independently with Voxel latest firmware and somehow convert it to a satellite through there?

3. Donate
-Once I have it all up and running donate to Voxel!
-I was going to spend a sizeable sum on buying another RBS50 but I'd be much happier donating that to someone as talented as Voxel.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, so I didn't get a huge amount of love on my post but I figure I'd share my experience anyhow.

I managed to successfully convert a spare RBR50 into an RBS50 using the following method: .

I had to google what telnet and tftp were and how to activate them so I'm sure most of the folk on here will already be several steps ahead.

I then followed the steps for updating all 6 satellites to 2.5.2.4 before updating to Voxel's latest firmware and did the same for the router.

I am happy to report my speeds are back to stable and connection between devices seems much better!

I have donated in appreciation!

Thanks!

Ok, so I didn't get a huge amount of love on my post
You've got two "likes" more. Please consider who is pressing the "Like" button in your thread as well. ;)

Thank you for your donation.

FYI: such stuffs as conversion of RBR to RBS or e.g. increase the power of Wi-Fi transmission in spite of your local laws as a rule are left w/o comments in this forum. So... :cool:

You got what you want. Your environment is good now for you. Congratulations :)

Voxel.

FYI: such stuffs as conversion of RBR to RBS or e.g. increase the power of Wi-Fi transmission in spite of your local laws as a rule are left w/o comments in this forum. So... :cool:
Increase Wi-Fi transmission???
Where can I find that at? I've tried searching, but I'm coming up empty.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!