What's new

RBR50v2 - reset to stock or convert to satellite

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CraigR

New Around Here
I picked up a cheap RBR50v2 which, I have subsequently learned, wasn't working properly - seems like previous user had a go at conversion and got stuck ?

Anyway I have dismantled it and have it connected it to my PC via a serial adapter and putty.

If possible I would like to convert it to a satellite, and failing that, set it back to stock router with latest firmware.

I have read through a few threads about the v2 bricking if done incorrectly, but as I have nothing to lose, thought I would have a go

So, for my satellite conversion attempt, I have changed the model id to RBS50 (from RBR50) and board data to 1102 (from 1101).
the router has a correct mac address

Do I need to do anything else before I try to flash the firmware ? and could someone please advise if i can use stock FW or do i (should I) use the voxel FW ?

Grateful for any advice. Thx

- I found the thread I needed.

Set model id and board data back to original settings and used tftpd to flash the firmware.

Looking good

Many thanks to all contributors ;-)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!