What's new

Belkin F5d8236-4 v1 problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kenz17

Occasional Visitor
Hey guy! newbie here!:) I got this problem like 3 months ago and i cant find an answer on it. I got this belkin f5d8236-4 v1 last Aug. and everytime I use utorrent or any P2P applications/torrent, internet kept dropping like after 10-20 mins of good speed download. Im using it wirelessly. Everything's great until I use p2p or torrent, internet (in the system tray with the 2 monitor logo and a blue earth) is OK without using torrent then after using torrent, the blue earth will be gone and i'll be dropped from the internet. Please help me out on my problem cuz ive been looking for a solution on this for 3 months already. I hope anyone can help me out.. thanks!

P.S.-- when i hooked Pc-Modem, everything is fine, so i guess its really on the router.

Info:
belkin f5d8236-4 v1 firmware 1.00.02
WPA2/AES
Dynamic connection

Just let me know any informations you need. thank YOU all..:):)

How about if you run the Torrent to a wired client through the router?

let me try it and come back to you ASAP. thanks.:)

btw, my wired connections have XP SP2 os and wireless are Vista.

Hi. Im back! same thing with the LAN thing. I got this internet indicator on my router which is colored blue meaning that the internet is working good then all of a sudden, internet dropped after a few mins of downloading then internet indicator starts to blink orange for like 30-60 secs. Do you guys think i made a wrong setting?or is it just the torrent/p2p?

Try reducing the # of connections the Torrents are using.