What's new

Best Aimesh settings for AX11000 router with two AX92u nodes ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CyberDynamite

Occasional Visitor
I received my two AX92u recently and I'm using them as nodes with my AX11000 as the main router. The AX11000 is located in my living room. One of the AX92u node is in the master bedroom (45 feet away from the router but going through walls) and the other AX92u node is outside my house (in my backyard pool shed which is located about 90 feet away from the other AX92u node). All devices have the latest Asus firmwares.

I have about 100 devices connected including IP cameras (17), Ring floodlights (3), smart switches (21), smart bulbs (8), smart plugs (3), smart thermostats (6), smart electric charging station (1), Nest smoke detectors (2), Google Home (2), Govee smart LED strips (8), media players: nVidia Shield TV (4 of them), smart TV's (4), NAS servers (2), Apple TV (2), Apple phones and tablets (7) computers and laptops (5), printer, etc.

I use roaming assistant and all my settings are at default for WiFi. I don't use Smart connect.
2.5 Ghz: Auto (using channel 6 at the moment) with 20-40 Mhz enable
5-1 Ghz: Auto (using channel 36 at the moment) with 20-40-80-160 Mhz enable (with 160 Mhz enable and automatic channel selection including DFS enable)
5-2 Ghz: Auto (using channel 149 at the moment) with 20-40-80 Mhz enable (with automatic channel selection including DFS enable). I'm in Canada so I don't have the option of 160 Mhz for the 5-2Ghz

I've noticed many of my devices connexions are acting on a weird manner. They don't stick to the closest or strongest WiFi signal. Sometimes, one device connects to the main router and sometimes to one of the node (not even the closest one!). They keep moving around. I don't use Advanced roaming block content option because there would be too many devices to add...

The roaming assistant setting is at -70 dBm for the "Disconnect clients with RSSI lower than" option

What am I doing wrong? Should I disable the roaming assistant? Isn't it the purpose of the Aimesh system?

I received my two AX92u recently and I'm using them as nodes with my AX11000 as the main router. The AX11000 is located in my living room. One of the AX92u node is in the master bedroom (45 feet away from the router but going through walls) and the other AX92u node is outside my house (in my backyard pool shed which is located about 90 feet away from the other AX92u node). All devices have the latest Asus firmwares.

I have about 100 devices connected including IP cameras (17), Ring floodlights (3), smart switches (21), smart bulbs (8), smart plugs (3), smart thermostats (6), smart electric charging station (1), Nest smoke detectors (2), Google Home (2), Govee smart LED strips (8), media players: nVidia Shield TV (4 of them), smart TV's (4), NAS servers (2), Apple TV (2), Apple phones and tablets (7) computers and laptops (5), printer, etc.

I use roaming assistant and all my settings are at default for WiFi. I don't use Smart connect.
2.5 Ghz: Auto (using channel 6 at the moment) with 20-40 Mhz enable
5-1 Ghz: Auto (using channel 36 at the moment) with 20-40-80-160 Mhz enable (with 160 Mhz enable and automatic channel selection including DFS enable)
5-2 Ghz: Auto (using channel 149 at the moment) with 20-40-80 Mhz enable (with automatic channel selection including DFS enable). I'm in Canada so I don't have the option of 160 Mhz for the 5-2Ghz

I've noticed many of my devices connexions are acting on a weird manner. They don't stick to the closest or strongest WiFi signal. Sometimes, one device connects to the main router and sometimes to one of the node (not even the closest one!). They keep moving around. I don't use Advanced roaming block content option because there would be too many devices to add...

The roaming assistant setting is at -70 dBm for the "Disconnect clients with RSSI lower than" option

What am I doing wrong? Should I disable the roaming assistant? Isn't it the purpose of the Aimesh system?

Have you used a WiFi Analyzer app to 'see' all WiFi signals around you... to perform a site survey to ensure all WLANs are broadcasting/healthy and not overlapping too much (too much WiFi)?

My install notes may suggest some settings for you.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!