What's new

Best ax router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Because it is far from the best AX Asus router to buy today. :)

That honor goes to the GT-AX6000, today.

RT-AX55, the best router!?!?

Yeah, nah. Better off with an RT-AC86u.

The GT-AX6000, now that is the cats pajamas.

Swapped out my AC86u for one. The 5ghz range is impressive and the 2.4 is insane.
The 160 band is useless to me as I am near an airport.
The upgrade is like trading in a Ford Taurus for a ZR1 Corvette

While that is true, when someone asks what is the best router, they are asking a pretty broad question.

That is when the opinions come hard and heavy. If the parameters are narrowed, then you can determine what the best routers are that will fit your needs.

My opinion, the GT-AX6000 has the most balanced specs in it's price range. It does offer a lot of headroom for scaling up at a reasonable cost, depending on your needs.

AXE routers really look half baked as far as the wifi tech goes. I don't see a decent ROI.

WiFi 7, I will pass. With the way personal networks are deployed (the average mook, present membership excluded), it starts to look like F1 cars being used on the bumper car track.

And I didn't say it's bad. I said its funny. :)

2x AX55 in wired backhaul could be more effective than a high end router, but higher MIMO usually triumphs for range purposes if were talking single unit.

I went through 2 GT-AX6000 and ended up keeping a AX86S over everything because it was the cheapest most effective solution for my purposes. I'll end up switching to something new in a couple years again anyway.

I had tried a pair of AC68u's ages ago with wired backhaul.

Being in an 800 sqft apartment they solved as many issues as they caused. A single one was inadequate.

Upgraded to an AC86u, which worked beautifully for a number of years. Due to advances in tech and increases in population density, the AC86u couldn't cut it anymore. So I picked up the GT-AX6000. The price difference between it and an AX86u honestly was negligible.

As far as looks go, I could not care less. Function over form in my book. Just turn off the RGB so as to not give the wife seizures and away we go.

Those special editions with the garish paint schemes don't do it for me. Hell, the wife offered to make flame decals with her Silhouette printer if I wanted to go faster.

It is network gear. No real reason to show it off. You show off a sports car or a trophy wife.

The GT-AX6000 reminds me of a big dead roach,on it's back after getting sprayed with Raid. Just like the good ole' commercials.

The wife likes it, she said "Needs googly eyes".

So this weekend will be a random instalment of "Pimp my Router" googly eyes edition. Almost as wacky as when we tricked out my mothers roomba. Eyeballs on stalks, and a smiley face. Looked alot like a Farscape DRD. Named it Sukbot.

As far as looks go, I could not care less.

GT-AX6000 by Asus, car version:

1675306467180.png

It can do 600km/h like the router version can go 6Gbps.

That's some serious downfor...err... download speeds!

Tech9, you sure you aren't working for Asus marketing dept? Pulling out all the stops tonight

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!