What's new

Best CFE for AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akore

Occasional Visitor
So looking at the options listed below I have 5 different choices. Anyone have any recommendations for which one I should run on my AC68U?

rt-ac68u_1.0.2.0_eu
rt-ac68u_1.0.2.0_us
rt-ac68u_1.0.2.0_us_asus
rt-ac68u_1.0.2.0_us_esmt
rt-ac68u_1.0.2.1_us

Last edited:
What you want to do is not acceptable here, using Asus firmware and cfe on non Asus router not allowed here.

Got it... updated my post with new information. Will run other firmware on my EA6900 (dd-wrt) and only update my one Asus AC68U that I will setup as my main router...

Got it... updated my post with new information. Will run other firmware on my EA6900 (dd-wrt) and only update my one Asus AC68U that I will setup as my main router...
except you originally said you had 3 ea6900 routers, nice try, but still illegal

except you originally said you had 3 ea6900 routers, nice try, but still illegal
Yes I do have 3 of those also... I said I will run dd-wrt on those and want to put Merlin on my aging RT-AC68U. My house is made out of concrete and rebar thus the need for so many APs

Bought it used on fleabay and it came with Freshtomato installed on it so not really sure what it originally came with. It shows it is running CFE 1.0.2.1 in Freshtomato but looking at it in CFEEdit it does not look like the original. I will try and load the rt-ac68u_1.0.2.1_us since at least the version number does match and see how it runs. If it has problems I guess I will try one at a time until I find one that works best.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!