What's new

Best practice question - How to check for entware/3rd party script.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Swinson

Regular Contributor
Is there any preferred method for validating that a 3rd party script is installed?
Should I just check that the script/file exists or should I do something more robust in case the file is empty or really out of date?

When in doubt, do what amtm does: check for the existence of the primary Addon script, and check for the existence of /opt/bin/opkg.

If you require tighter integration with a particular script, check with the author on the best way to determine if it’s truly installed and functional.

When in doubt, do what amtm does: check for the existence of the primary Addon script, and check for the existence of /opt/bin/opkg.

If you require tighter integration with a particular script, check with the author on the best way to determine if it’s truly installed and functional.
Okay Thanks! I figured a check for the existence of a file would suffice but I wanted to ask because I learning more and more everyday how little I know :p.
I appreciate your feedback. I’ll refer to amtm for an example.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!