What's new

Best router asus for wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

casla89

New Around Here
Hello everyone! I want to buy an asus router for my home, the only thing that interests me is that it has the best possible range and stability. I read very positive things about the ROG Rapture GT-AX6000, would it be my right option?

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Best for what?

You need to look at how many users/devices in the home, what's your internet speed like. What is the construction of your home, are there lots of neighbours using wifi?

High cost and fancy name or model number doesn't always mean the best or most stable for your situation.

Last edited:
Other considerations. Is there a limit you want to spend? How do you use your internet? Gaming, streaming, WFH?

Best for what?

You need to look at how many users/devices in the home, what's your internet speed like. What is the construction of your home, are there lots of neighbours using wifi?

High cost and fancy name or model number doesn't always mean the best or most stable for your situation.
best for range and stability. With having a stable 100mbps download I am satisfied. The devices would be 4 smart tvs, 3 notebooks, 4 smartphones, 2 chromecast and a pc via lan. The house is about 3300ft2

Other considerations. Is there a limit you want to spend? How do you use your internet? Gaming, streaming, WFH?
about 400 dollars maximum, the internet is used for streaming and work, so I don't need great speed but I do need range. Right now I have a mikrotik hap ac3 and the furthest device in 2.4ghz only receives 8mbps

Hello everyone! I want to buy an asus router for my home, the only thing that interests me is that it has the best possible range and stability. I read very positive things about the ROG Rapture GT-AX6000, would it be my right option?

View attachment 47012
The GT-AX6000 is one of the best and most stable routers right now from ASUS without overkill features that you may or not need such as triple band and Wifi 6E. I have 2 of them connected together in AiMesh and the performance and speed is outstanding and the prices have dropped nowadays so you can grab a good deal. The GT-AX6000 has a very good WiFi range also.

My next choice if you can also find it cheaper would be the ASUS RT-AX86U but the GT-AX6000 has a newer CPU and is not much more expensive so that would be the top pick.

This article makes a good case for multiple APs for WIFI 6.

Something to consider if you have a large home. This is most likely the future with WIFI 7. You'll need Internet cabling throughout your home with APs. This is what I'm thinking about doing in five years.
I think a better router might accomplish what I need. The router that I currently have is this, it does not have the best Wi-Fi performance

Okay, based on your responses the GT-AX6000 seems like a solid option. I’m basing that on range as the primary concern…

Okay, based on your responses the GT-AX6000 seems like a solid option. I’m basing that on range as the primary concern…
Is it worth spending an extra 140 dollars for the ax6000? I don't know why importing it to my country costs 536 dollars, and the ax86u costs 396 dollars :rolleyes:

My personal opinion is not to overpay for stuff unless it’s something really important. The ax 86u is a very good router as well. I use it as my router in a mesh setup for a 500 Mbps fiber service at my place. That being said, you’ll have to decide if the extra cost is worth it…

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!