What's new

Best wireless router with fast CPU for high VPN throughput?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There is no DD-WRT firmware for GT-AC5300 but there are plenty of them for RT-AC5300-new FWs come out usually every month. You can certainly look in main DDWRT website for different FW's (under Router Database or Other sections). There is also Kong's FW which I have found quite stable to (although some people have had better experiences with those of BrainSlayer). Personally, after discovering Merlin's I chose to continue to use his FW. DDWRT installation can be tricky and you can brick your router if you don't carefully follow all installation instructions as described in DDWRT Wiki or even Peacock's thread (in the DDWRT forums) which I have found quite useful. I would strongly advise that if you choose to go the DDWRT route, you must really spend some time studying the Wiki before you attempt to flash your router.
Agreed I bricked a tp link 1750 by not doing exactly what you say.I bypassed the initial reset with ddwrt and poof now I have a designer doorstop

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!