What's new

[BETA] RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_8715

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi Guys,

Here you have the latest build available:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0emvrhiakvwu0t/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_8715-gd67697c.trx?dl=0

Quick Update:
-Battery Drain on Android devices: Yes, it's still present on 5Ghz band, but it's already reported (this build was released earlier than my report).
-UI issues were fixed

There were no major changes on this build.

Feel free to post any issue you find and if possible how can I replicate it so other people and I can check it's not just you and report it to get it fixed on future builds.

Enjoy,

Last edited:
this router will never go out of beta phase?

It's a good question, but I don't have an answer for that. I don't know what are their plans on that.

No, I don't have that hard.

Replied through Tapatalk

Very good point for ASUS for add name and option EDIT client on LAN>DHCP Server :)

Very good point for ASUS for add name and option EDIT client on LAN>DHCP Server :)
Yes, I'm glad too. I was expecting that since long time ago

Replied through Tapatalk

But bad point that in top right in green icon now has no icon WIFI. It shoud be restore and add new ICON for connection VPN when is active connection... This is good option.

But bad point that in top right in green icon now has no icon WIFI.

There never was in the original firmware. This is an addition of my firmware.

Ahhh ok. But should be add in original....

Wysłane z mojego SM-G850F przy użyciu Tapatalka

If they've added the option to edit entries in LAN->DHCP, have they also added the option to edit entries in WAN->Virtual Server / Port Forwarding? That, and not being able to see the full port range of an entry (if the entry was long it would be truncated) were similar UI issues that really annoyed me.

7815 firmware I have tested in the Firewall tab inside, IPV6 firewall relevant pages missing, in addition I was prompted to dial-up success after 2WAN but are unable to use PC and mobile phone network. Also, according to the feedback information, android power problem only a little better than before

7815 firmware I have tested in the Firewall tab inside, IPV6 firewall relevant pages missing, in addition I was prompted to dial-up success after 2WAN but are unable to use PC and mobile phone network. Also, according to the feedback information, android power problem only a little better than before

There's a bug in recent betas where they removed the MAC Filter page, but forgot to remove its tab. The IPV6 firewall page can currently be found by clicking on the tab to the left of it.

I already reported the issue to Asus's dev team earlier.

Installed. No problems so far besides the GUI ones mentioned.

Also, I still see this during boot. Any idea what it is? I don't like the fact that it says "Failed" ;)

Code:
Aug  1 02:00:27 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X
Aug  1 02:00:27 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry

Installed. No problems so far besides the GUI ones mentioned.

Also, I still see this during boot. Any idea what it is? I don't like the fact that it says "Failed" ;)

Code:
Aug  1 02:00:27 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X
Aug  1 02:00:27 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry

That's normal. It's just a generic Kernel driver looking for a particular configuration, and not finding it on this particular hardware.

I have to say, for all the trouble I had with the 7xxx series, this one seems pretty stable over time (now I hope I don't have to eat my words).

That GUI bug though with IPv6 firewall... How do you miss that? These betas must be really rapid-fire to have such lightweight QA.

RMerlin, I have been running your .55 firmware for a while now with no issues at all. Should I give this beta a try or stay on your firmware?

i flash this fw to my 87u becouse i want to test stability. On .55 i have sporadicly crash (no internet, no access to router etc.).

In this software , as in other asuswrt missing icons wifi network , such as RMerlin FW . IMO this is important , because without the status icons do not we check remotely whether the wifi works

btw. i found bug.
I use IE11, but when i start use samba serwer and go to the router webpage/status i see cores to max, ram usage max and ie freez
On FF works ok, and show status normally.
When i not use samba IE works ok

ps i do factory default after i update fw.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!