What's new

connmon [BETA2] connmon v3.0.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Gmail you have to use an app password, and you may have to enable the "allow lesz secure login" option in gmail if i recall correctly
Either/or, I think, but since "allow less secure" to all Google apps is a complete nonstarter for anyone here, the former.

Beautiful! I'll try this later this week.

Hi Jack not sure whether thresholds on Jitter are working properly. Currently have threshold set at 77ms and threshold on ping set at 45ms and receiving emails as follows"-
Ping: 35.112 ms
Jitter: 1.283 ms
Line Quality: 100.000 %

Hi Jack not sure whether thresholds on Jitter are working properly. Currently have threshold set at 77ms and threshold on ping set at 45ms and receiving emails as follows"-
Ping: 35.112 ms
Jitter: 1.283 ms
Line Quality: 100.000 %
This looks like output from notification type 1. Under each notification type, there is option to enable notification method. If you enable notification for type 1, you will get notification whenever connmon is run. Jitter threshold is notification type 3. In my test the output looks like this “Jitter 30.126 ms exceeds threshold of 30 ms”.

Last edited:
Ok then there is an issue with ping threshold because this is set at 45ms.
Ping threshold notification working fine for me. Here is a sample output “Ping 30.460 ms exceeds threshold of 30 ms”. If you don’t need normal ping result notification can disable notification method for type 1. To test ping threshold notification, enable notification method under PingThreshold and temporarily set a low threshold so that it can easily trigger a threshold notification.

No there isn't. I bet you have something enabled for option 1 in notifications. Please provide a screenshot of your notification menu
I do have - i get it now - thanks

I'm happy to announce the launch of Beta 2. Beta 2 brings a refreshed WebUI along with configuration for notifications. There are a lot of changes, I'm expecting some bugs will have slipped through the net, but overall it's ready for beta!
Absolutely amazing refresh of the WebUI! I can see why it took you time for the integration.

I'm happy to announce the launch of Beta 2

Some very nice work there @Jack Yaz!
Have only had an initial noodle around the new GUI so still getting used to it and will hopefully have some more meaningful input, but one very minor thing that struck me immediately was that the text colouring in the Change Log is rather hard to read, at least on my iPad. Sort of ghostly grey lost on the mid green …

I'm happy to announce the launch of Beta 2. Beta 2 brings a refreshed WebUI along with configuration for notifications. There are a lot of changes, I'm expecting some bugs will have slipped through the net, but overall it's ready for beta!
amazing work Jack - all working perfectly - very talented

Some very nice work there @Jack Yaz!
Have only had an initial noodle around the new GUI so still getting used to it and will hopefully have some more meaningful input, but one very minor thing that struck me immediately was that the text colouring in the Change Log is rather hard to read, at least on my iPad. Sort of ghostly grey lost on the mid green …
It shouldn't be any different to the colours used in System Log etc, though the Changelog "field" is a lot larger!

It shouldn't be any different to the colours used in System Log etc

@Jack Yaz

I hesitate to waste any of your time on it, but something is going on ...

On iPadOS, I tried looking at your Changelog text on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. On all 3 Browsers the text looks "dull" with no contrast, definitely not full white.
System log text looks "duller" as well, although maybe not quite as dimmed as the Changelog text ...

On my iMac desktop machine (macOS 10.4.6 in this case), Chrome and Firefox look fine with the Changelog and System Log text, brightish white. but on Safari Changelog text looks the same kind of "dull" as how it looks on the iPadOS browsers, but maybe not QUITE as bad. And just to confuse the issue System Log text looks "duller" as well on Safari, although maybe not quite as dimmed as the Changelog text ...

I think I remember reading somewhere that on iOS/iPadOS, all browsers have to use the underlying Apple/Safari webkit "engine", so that may have something to do with it?

The common theme seems to be desktop Safari and any browser on iPad/iOS (that has to use webkit?) display not as intended?

I've enclosed screenshots from iPadOS and macOS Chrome, hopefully you can see the differences.

Low priority stuff I'm sure, but since it's Beta and you DID ask for testers ...

:)

Attachments

• iPadOS_Chrome.jpg
    iPadOS_Chrome.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 100
  • macOS_Chrome.jpg
    macOS_Chrome.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
@Jack Yaz

I hesitate to waste any of your time on it, but something is going on ...

On iPadOS, I tried looking at your Changelog text on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. On all 3 Browsers the text looks "dull" with no contrast, definitely not full white.
System log text looks "duller" as well, although maybe not quite as dimmed as the Changelog text ...

On my iMac desktop machine (macOS 10.4.6 in this case), Chrome and Firefox look fine with the Changelog and System Log text, brightish white. but on Safari Changelog text looks the same kind of "dull" as how it looks on the iPadOS browsers, but maybe not QUITE as bad. And just to confuse the issue System Log text looks "duller" as well on Safari, although maybe not quite as dimmed as the Changelog text ...

I think I remember reading somewhere that on iOS/iPadOS, all browsers have to use the underlying Apple/Safari webkit "engine", so that may have something to do with it?

The common theme seems to be desktop Safari and any browser on iPad/iOS (that has to use webkit?) display not as intended?

I've enclosed screenshots from iPadOS and macOS Chrome, hopefully you can see the differences.

Low priority stuff I'm sure, but since it's Beta and you DID ask for testers ...

:)
i'll see if i can figure it out. Safari is dead on Windows, but hopefully the last version (5.1.7) exhibits the issue so I can fix it. Otherwise, I have no Mac or iDevice to prod with so my advice will be "don't use safari" :D

EDIT: found the cause - setting disabled on the textareas dims the text in Safari, but not other browsers. uf at the CLI will pull down an updated WebUI page with a fix

Last edited:
Very nice job on the update! The WebUI is much "cleaner" and easier to navigate.
Donation time for Mr. Yaz. ;-)

Speaking of donations, a gentle reminder that is is very easy to thank many of the developers with this link:

EDIT: found the cause - setting disabled on the textareas dims the text in Safari, but not other browsers

@Jack Yaz
Yep, that was it, you got it, thanks!

I don’t actually USE Safari anywhere either, but the issue is that on iOS/iPadOS all browsers have to use the underlying WebKit rendering, which is where the quirk lies I guess?

So, ancillary question, is there similar text dimming going on within the various text boxes in System Logs if your UIScribe is running, as I’m also seeing something similar there I think for Safari/WebKit - but it doesn’t look like quite the same issue so maybe it’s just a “less bright” text colour?

Last edited:
@Jack Yaz
Yep, that was it, you got it, thanks!

I don’t actually USE Safari anywhere either, but the issue is that on iOS/iPadOS all browsers have to use the underlying WebKit rendering, which is where the quirk lies I guess?

So, ancillary question, is there similar text dimming going on within the various text boxes in System Logs if your UIScribe is running, as I’m also seeing something similar there I think for Safari/WebKit - but it doesn’t look like quite the same issue so maybe it’s just a “less bright” text colour?
i think its the latter but i can double check. fairly sure I only set readonly for uiScribe and not disavbled

Installed Beta2, signed up to Pushover, everything looks good so far! Thanks Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.