What's new

(Big) Lacie 5big problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lektroluv

New Around Here
Hello,

I've bought a Lacie 5big 2,5TB.
Since this was just enough space for my data, I decided to remove the 500GB discs and replace them with 1TB discs.
Creating 5TB space.
After asking Lacie if it was a problem to replace the current discs with other discs, discs that didn't came from lacie itself (without hot-swappable module), they confirmed it wasn't a problem.
So I've bought some 1TB Seagate discs at a local store and replaced the original Hitachi's (500GB) with Seagates (1TB).
When I start my 5big the blue leds (front and back) blink for a couple of seconds (I assume its booting).
After the bootprocedure, the front led starts blinking red (fast) and the back leds are continuously red.

After mailing with Lacie support, they now say that only discs from lacie itself will be recognized, since the have "burned" there firmware in the discs and I have to buy them from Lacie itself?!?

Anyone any advice?
I don't want to pay twice as much for a 1TB from Lacie...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!