What's new

Blank page when logging in

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danny Baromen

Occasional Visitor
I have an ASUS RT-AC66U_B1 router running the latest asuswrt merlin firmware for it and every now and then when I try to login to the router's webui I just get a blank page that never ever loads and the only way to get it working again is to reboot the router.

Is something wrong? or does that just happen occasionally?

I'm having the same problem on the current merlin firmware. Happened on my RT-AC66U and RT-AC86U. I actually came to the forum to make an account to ask this very question.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and / or using a different browser? May also want to say which browser you are using. Any 3rd party scripting that may be using memory? Tried restarting the UI through SSH?

Tried multiple browsers; even my iPhone. No scripts. Don't have SSH turned on. Only a restart fixes it.

Last edited:
I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge), multiple computers (windows and mac), router isn't running any extra scripts. It was running diversion, but i have wiped and restarted from scratch.

ssh and service restart_httpd doesn't help.

Same issue running Merlin on AC-3200.
No GUI access without a reboot, which is strange since I have a scheduled reboot every morning.

Using Brave,Chrome,Edge and Firefox with no joy.

I can still log in via ssl, so maybe there's a ssl command to reboot the whole router?

I can still log in via ssl, so maybe there's a ssl command to reboot the whole router?
You mean SSH, right? The terminal command is:
Code:
service reboot

Just chiming in to say it happens to me too, no matter what browser, and not even rebooting fixes it!

My situation is a bit different though. It has happened over the last few firmwares, but only with one computer. There is nothing really unique about this computer compared to the ones that work. It is running Windows 10 x64. I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Signed up just to add my voice too!

I get this about.... hmmm... once a month.

AC68U, latest Merlin firmware. Multiple machines/devices and browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Edge).

What I get is the usual login prompt for the router, after submitting it never loads.

After that happens, even the login page no longer loads (just blank page that never finishes loading) even after closing the original browser, other browsers, computers, etc.

Reboot sorts it though.

Add my name to the list...

Did a service restart_httpd and then I could at least login, but after login I get the same blank white page.

Or has anyone looked at the browser console window (under Developer tools usually) to see if anything is breaking the HTML?

It's 4+ years later and something similar just happened to me -- only I was trying to reach a router over the Internet 6000 miles away.

I got the login screen but after that no page would load. Looking at the macOS safari console screen, I could see that the element that was hanging on the web page was called "notification.css". I just decided to "block" that element of the web page so that it didn't try to load, and "voila!" all of my web pages suddenly were able to load (I had to refresh the page once). What was missing from the web pages was the little blinking notification at the upper right telling me there was an update to install! I presume that was handled by "notification.css".

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online