What's new

Block web history from seeing vpn domain url, ip address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sean storm

Occasional Visitor
when I connect my device to open vpn client, I am able to see the domain URLs and IP addresses of the sites that I have visited. On my OpenVPN client, I have DNS option as exclusive. When I connect through vpn using an app on my phone, I am unable to see any VPN connection details under web history.

Is there a way to prevent web history from seeing vpn connection details? I do not want TrendMicro to see my vpn domain url and IP address.

Turn off all TrendMicro features and be sure to withdraw consent on the Privacy tab too then.

Turn off all TrendMicro features and be sure to withdraw consent on the Privacy tab too then.
thank you. I was hoping for a way to block it but it seems there is not.

Well, not a way I know. But check this thread in the next few days again (others may have methods that may work with TrendMicro 'on').

Screenshot 2022-09-26 200953.png

So the device named "Zaga-Phone" is connected to the OpenVPN client. TrendMicro is able to log all URL web history from all devices including VPN connected clients. This is the case even when I change to DOT/DOH DNS.

I see. I thought you meant you can see what VPN you were connected to and the IP address for the VPN provider.

I have Web History off.

I wonder how long Web History info is kept or if there is a way to clear the Web History on demand or otherwise.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!