What's new

Blocking DuckDuckGo.com on TUF AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whydoesmyhearthurtsomuch

Occasional Visitor
Is there anyway to block DuckDuckGo.com on TUF AX6000 alone on Tuf Gaming AX 6000 Router ?. I see the Parental controls but seems all set by Category but no specific Website able to be listed unless I am missing it.??

Last edited:
Network Services Filter, URL Filter?

Thanks ,yes in fact I just solved it, and seems to have blocked it without any consequences outside of it, YET. I will say what I did so others might want to can do;

(1) Went to "Network Tools" in the Router management console, then did a "Traceroute" for "duckduckgo.com" which gave me the IP of DuckDuckgo.com (2) Then blocked Ports 80,8080 and 443 for the IP address. Touchwood that does it.

GENUINE INTERESTING

GENUINE INTERESTING

Ah ok thats good. I thought I would post the solution as I know quite a few Router" Clients" (for general descrption) are avoiding filters etc/parental ones by using DuckDuckGo. That way they cannot now do so. I checked and is still blocking.

NOW is the harder one. Blocking TOR. I blocked .onion and thats ok to a degree, but I want block any tor, tor browser etc. If anyone knows then please let me know.

are avoiding filters

As I told you in another thread - this TUF Gaming home router is not a good fit for business network. Anyone with public VPN account for $3/month (or even own home VPN server) will drill through your filters easily and some with a bit more knowledge will do it in a way you won't notice the difference between VPN and standard SSL traffic. All your blocking efforts will be defeated in under 10 seconds time. This cat and mouse game works only if you have a cat. Currently you have just a bigger mouse.

As I told you in another thread - this TUF Gaming home router is not a good fit for business network. Anyone with public VPN account for $3/month (or even own home VPN server) will drill through your filters easily and some with a bit more knowledge will do it in a way you won't notice the difference between VPN and standard SSL traffic. All your blocking efforts will be defeated in under 10 seconds time. This cat and mouse game works only if you have a cat. Currently you have just a bigger mouse.

OK, in that case which Router would you recommend please ?

OK, in that case which Router would you recommend please ?

I know nothing about your needs. All I know so far is pieces about your blocking and monitoring ideas and the fact you are not very familiar with networking. Blocking things for no clear reason will quickly result in unhappy network users looking for workarounds. All they need is a quick Google search and your TUF Gaming is out. As usual questions come after the fact equipment was purchased. The right way - tell us what you need and what's the budget and we may recommend proper equipment for you.

is this for a business environment ? f so much different than a simple home router , asTech 9 has said more info needed before you can get some good guidance on what you should buy . This is over my head these days . Good luck

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!