What's new

Bridge IP address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moosport

Occasional Visitor
I have a linksys E4200 which is now a bridge.. problem is before i enable the bridge mode, i left the IP address the same as the new router.

nmap scan cannot find the IP and I connect the PC to the bridge only. The PC IP address is manually to the same subnet.

Do i need to reset the router in order to access it again?

I have a linksys E4200 which is now a bridge.. problem is before i enable the bridge mode, i left the IP address the same as the new router.

nmap scan cannot find the IP and I connect the PC to the bridge only. The PC IP address is manually to the same subnet.

Do i need to reset the router in order to access it again?

Start over with your configuration of the E4200 to bridge mode.

It gives you two choices. Automatically obtain IP address and Specify an IP address. Use "specify an IP address".

Edit: but to answer your question, all you have to do is look at your main routers DHCP table to find the IP address of the E4200.

Last edited:
i did looked in the DHCP leases and its not there. which results in using nmap to scan for it.

Doesn't sound like you have E4200 configured correctly. Make sure sure you use the E4200's WAN port (see step 8 below). And then use "specify an IP address" when you're setting up bridge mode. Might as well reset to defaults and start over with instructions below because it's probably in a cluster duck.

Good luck.

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/GetAr...tting_up_the_Linksys_E4200_in_bridge_mode.xml

after resetting, i manually set the router to a different IP and the management console is accessible again.