What's new

Bridge or AP mode when using the Asus ac5300 and ASUS RP-ac68u?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Munya

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I recently bought the both of these as the router is in the garage and I need to connect my media devices. I'm just wondering what is the best way to connect them in regards to the RP-ac68u? I only need to connect wired, and don't care much about wireless atm.

Will I get better performance if:
1. Connect the rp-ac68u in AP mode, disconnect the wifi from these and connect hardwired to the AP?
2. Connect in bridge mode?

thanks in advance for all the help

Hey guys,

I recently bought the both of these as the router is in the garage and I need to connect my media devices. I'm just wondering what is the best way to connect them in regards to the RP-ac68u? I only need to connect wired, and don't care much about wireless atm.

Will I get better performance if:
1. Connect the rp-ac68u in AP mode, disconnect the wifi from these and connect hardwired to the AP?
2. Connect in bridge mode?

thanks in advance for all the help

Sorry you didn't get a reply sooner.
I also have an ASUS AC5300 and a RP-AC68U. I have it setup in bridge mode in my AV cabinet. I'm using it to provide Ethernet connectivity to my AV receiver which has no wifi.

I REALLY wanted to just hardware everything in my cabinet to it (NVIDIA Shield, PS4, Xbox one, TV, etc) but after testing it with my PS4 today it gets better speeds on its own even just using its 2.4GHz connectivity.

I'm wondering if this is normal/expected or not.

I figured using both wireless bands together to a dedicated media bridge would provide much greater speeds.

My AV receiver is working great. I'm using it for IP control over it with Simple Control and it works perfectly for that.