What's new

Brink Asus RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sebdepringy

New Around Here
Hello, Recently I flashed my Asus RT-AC68U router to merlin 386.7 firmware, following that I wanted to restore a configuration and it crashed, I restart the router and now I only have the light of the fixed power supply and the network, so I wanted to use the asus recovery software but it does not find my router, on the other hand with my network scanning software I find it on its old ip address! Would you have the solution, is it hs?

Hello, Recently I flashed my Asus RT-AC68U router to merlin 386.7 firmware, following that I wanted to restore a configuration and it crashed, I restart the router and now I only have the light of the fixed power supply and the network, so I wanted to use the asus recovery software but it does not find my router, on the other hand with my network scanning software I find it on its old ip address! Would you have the solution, is it hs?

Have you tried resetting the firmware?

Reset FAQ
Reset/Restore - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE.
Hard Reset/Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition.

And be sure to not restore a configuration from a different firmware.

OE

Hello,
I just tried with the wps method, it's good

I had to restore the configuration of a previous firmware, on the other hand it happens to me several times that with each update I lose port forwarding, is this known as a problem?

Thank

I had to restore the configuration of a previous firmware

Don't do this. A configuration file is to be considered unique to the firmware version that created it.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!