What's new

Bug in 384.9: Samba Share concurrent connections.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

camilaacolide

Occasional Visitor
I can only allow up to 9 concurrent connections in Samba Share. If I try to set it to 10 in the web UI (the maximum allowed), it doesn't work.

Are you counting the admin (default) user as number 9? ;)

Please define "it doesn't work".

Please define "it doesn't work".

Tried this on my AC3200.

Default is "5" . If I enter "10" and then save the setting returns to "5" . Enter "9" and save , the setting stays at "9".

Tried this on my AC3200.

Default is "5" . If I enter "10" and then save the setting returns to "5" . Enter "9" and save , the setting stays at "9".
Exactly this. When you enter "10" and hit Apply, it displays the "Applying Settings" page, but there is no Percentage Progress and the entered value is not applied... if you enter any other value from 1-9 and hit Apply, the Percentage Progress displays fine (20%... 40%... 60%...) and the value is applied.

Asus enforces a max nvram length of one character on HND model, making it impossible to define any value longer than 9. This is outside of my control.

I have two RT-AC68U routers with Merlin.

Setting this value to "10" in my router with firmware 378.56_2 works fine. Setting this value to "10" in my router with firmware 384.9 doesn't work, as described above. If ASUS limits it to one character in new firmware versions, I'd suggest just changing the popup that appears when trying to set a high value, which currenty reads "Please enter a value between 1 to 10".

By the way, with postconf, would I be able to increase max connections to values beyond 10? That would be really nice, since I am using this router in a small corporation team.

Thanks!