What's new

Buying advice ASUS RT-AX86U, RT-AX88U or RT-AXE7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here it is closer to May 2024 and wanted to ask the furniture man if the asus gt-ax6000, now a few years old, is still the deal.
I’m asking cause after several months of project delays, my new ISP is still on track to go live with fibre on my block this May and so It's getting closer to buying something. I see open box amazon pricing of $245 for it.

If you need this type of device with 2x 2.5GbE ports there is a newer model now called RT-AX88U Pro. Basically the same hardware without Gaming marketing.

It’s cheaper too! Don’t need gaming marketing, like all black! Thanks, I’ll watch them both until it’s time to pull the trigger. 10gb fibre is supposed to go live this May on my block and then will get an appointment for the drop to my home...

You don't need 10Gbps fiber. It has nowhere to go after the ISP device. Wireless is mostly limited up to Gigabit as well as most Ethernet ports. Don't overpay for something you can't use. For true 10Gbps network you need hardware and infrastructure in thousands. Home All-In-One routers are like toys for this speed.

Thanks but not overpaying! My isp only offers their full bw for $50/month! Isn’t that refreshing and that’s been their policy for years.
Meanwhile Att charges $82 here for 1gbs, $50 or $60 for 300mbs. Xfinity $93 for 1.2gb!

Ah okay, I remember our previous conversation. 👍

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!