What's new

Cake Built-in Setup, Overhead MPU speed limits

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

immi803

Hi,

I'm so glad merlin has cake Built-in in latest alpha build and it's awesome for HND users, it's a one time setup and magic done thingy, Thanks to @RMerlin

I've FTTH(fiber to home) GPON Connection and fiber going direct to ISP modem and ISP modem is obviously in bridge mode and PPPOE dialer is my ASUS RT-AX88U, As we have experts here, what Overhead MPU i should opt? as well what speed limits i should set?, my connection is 40 Down and 40 Up, actual speed from Built-in speed test is 39.5 - 40 Down And 38.5 - 39.5 Up

Looking forward for guidance

Regards

Hi,

I'm so glad merlin has cake Built-in in latest alpha build and it's awesome for HND users, it's a one time setup and magic done thingy, Thanks to @RMerlin

I've FTTH(fiber to home) GPON Connection and fiber going direct to ISP modem and ISP modem is obviously in bridge mode and PPPOE dialer is my ASUS RT-AX88U, As we have experts here, what Overhead MPU i should opt? as well what speed limits i should set?, my connection is 40 Down and 40 Up, actual speed from Built-in speed test is 39.5 - 40 Down And 38.5 - 39.5 Up

Looking forward for guidance

Regards

No need in my view to fiddle with MPU - leave at "0" default - but try set speeds of 38 for up and down. Test and if not 3 x A+ try 37 then 36 ... till you get the result you are hoping for.

No need in my view to fiddle with MPU - leave at "0" default - but try set speeds of 38 for up and down. Test and if not 3 x A+ try 37 then 36 ... till you get the result you are hoping for.
What about Overhead for ftth gpon pppoe bridge ?

What about Overhead for ftth gpon pppoe bridge ?

I have left mine at default "0" and score 3x A+ with ease - and experience no issues [video / audio / games all good]
Even before cake was baked into the firmware - Cake-Qos has always just worked "straight out of the box" for me with simple besteffort setting [single tin].

Obviously it lacks the fiddle-ability of FlexQos where those with complex bandwidth sharing requirements in a hectically busy environment feel the need to tweak multiple layers of divergent activities. @dave14305 has produced pure magic with his flex offering ... taking it well beyond the capabilities and stabilities of its origins in FreshJR Qos.

I have left mine at default "0" and score 3x A+ with ease - and experience no issues [video / audio / games all good]
Even before cake was baked into the firmware - Cake-Qos has always just worked "straight out of the box" for me with simple besteffort setting [single tin].

Obviously it lacks the fiddle-ability of FlexQos where those with complex bandwidth sharing requirements in a hectically busy environment feel the need to tweak multiple layers of divergent activities. @dave14305 has produced pure magic with his flex offering ... taking it well beyond the capabilities and stabilities of its origins in FreshJR Qos.
cake readme everywhere mentions overhead is important for real cake benefits, i too get A+ with 0 but thats not what is proper value i guess
may be someone other can contribute to help this out @dave14305