What's new

CakeQOS and Anyconnect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geralds34

Occasional Visitor
How does cake deal with VPN traffic, specifically when using Cisco AnyConnect?

My work laptop uses AnyConnect(V 4.9) and Tunnel Mode is set to Tunnel All Traffic. I use this laptop for all my work tasks; Email, SharePoint, Teams, RDP/SSH access to servers, moving 3-5 GB files from one area of cooperate network to my laptop, then back to corporate network and within the enclave I work on.

The wife's corporate laptop uses AnyConnect, but her Tunnel Mode is set to Split Include(IPv4) and Bypass all Traffic(IPv6).

So do I assume that any traffic within my VPN is all viewed as the same type of traffic, and Cake will not prioritize traffic from my laptop, as it is all within the tunnel?

My ISP connection is cable 150/15.

So do I assume that any traffic within my VPN is all viewed as the same type of traffic, and Cake will not prioritize traffic from my laptop, as it is all within the tunnel?
Correct. A VPN wouldn't be very private if another user could see inside the tunnel.

Cake will see each of the VPN connections as a single connection. If any application inside the VPN tunnel acts as a download, then that entire tunnel will be slowed to allow less demanding traffic get through. Depending on your applications this may or may not be desirable. If you have video streams running in those tunnels and a download starts inside the same tunnel it will not be pritty.

Morris