What's new

CakeQOS CakeQoS-Merlin v2.0.0 alpha

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttgapers

It is with great pleasure I can announce a couple items:
  • We have an Alpha candidate for testing against the latest beta @RMerlin 386.2 firmware
  • I/we are very happy to welcome @dave14305 onboard the Cake bandwagon. He has done all of the updates to the alpha script.
  • We were early testers of the 386.2 firmware from @RMerlin and was a sudden but pleasant surprise to hear that there is/was a possibility of Cake getting into the main firmware builds. As past users of Cake knew, getting builds was a challenge for the team.
  • I am still learning as we go along from the more experienced ones around here. I owe you all immense thanks!
Thanks for all those who assisted before. Now for the stuff you have been chomping at the bit for:

Note: This is ALPHA
  • Currently supports ASUS HND models running Merlin firmware (386.2 and above)
  • Preliminary support for firmware detection to allow for 384 installs to the read-only branch (which includes previous Cake Entware installs)
  • Added GUI interface to 386.2 installs for ease of customizations (thanks @dave14305)
  • Cake CLI updates to support changes
  • Add-on now adds/edits/updates the /jffs/configs/cake-qos.conf.add file
  • Add logic in case Cake is not enabled in firmware
  • Add uninstall of CakeQOS-Merlin 1.0 components during install
  • Cleanup legacy files from 2.0 branch
  • Handle installs for users still on 386.1 or lower
  • Remove old cfg file on install
Hope you enjoy the latest Cake enhancements and HUGE thanks once again to @dave14305 & @RMerlin for making this happen!

Alpha Install (all supported HW/firmware):
Code:
mkdir -p /jffs/addons/cake-qos && /usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/alpha/cake-qos.sh" -o "/jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos" && chmod 755 /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos && sh /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos install

In case of any issues/rollback
Current Release for non 386.2 firmware:
Code:
mkdir -p /jffs/addons/cake-qos && /usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/master/cake-qos.sh" -o "/jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos" && chmod 755 /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos && sh /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos install

Github: https://github.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/tree/alpha

Attachments

• 1616166236394.png
    1616166236394.png
    142 KB · Views: 2,020
Last edited:
Fixes & Updates
  • Add logic in case Cake is not enabled in firmware
  • Add uninstall of CakeQOS-Merlin 1.0 components during install
  • Cleanup legacy files from 2.0 branch
  • Handle installs for users still on 386.1 or lower
  • Remove old cfg file on install
  • Updated README
Thanks once more to the awesome @dave14305 for the updates/fixes.

Last edited:
Known Issues
  • If you were running the 1.0.8 script, you need to stop cake-qos first in case of a conflict with ifb9eth0 and the firmware ifb4eth0. This is a subtle change to get in uniformity with the interface used by @RMerlin in the main firmware.

Last edited:
Installed this and couldn't even access the router from webgui, no internet, nothing worked. Had to do the factory reset using the wps+power. I didn't disable QOS and had cake on, maybe that's what caused it?

Installed this and couldn't even access the router from webgui, no internet, nothing worked. Had to do the factory reset using the wps+power. I didn't disable QOS and had cake on, maybe that's what caused it?
If you were running the 1.0.8 script, you probably need to stop cake-qos first in case of a conflict with ifb9eth0 and the firmware ifb4eth0.

If you were running the 1.0.8 script, you probably need to stop cake-qos first in case of a conflict with ifb9eth0 and the firmware ifb4eth0.
I was running 386.2 beta built-in cake. Didn't have 1.0.8 installed.

Tried again after factory reset, works fine.

Yes this makes sense for sure.

Works very well, I'm having similar results in dslreports to 386.2 alpha. I was getting worse results with 386.2 beta, bufferbloat always A, sometime(very rare A+) but quality C.

Now Quality is A, sometimes B. I don't know why quality drops from constant A+ with QOS OFF to C-A with Cake/Adaptive QOS.

This may come off as a silly question. But I wanted to ask, any changes made, and applied on this tab. Do I need to stop, and restart QoS, for these changes to be applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.