What's new

Can anyone recommend me a USB HDD for use with my AX88U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

autopilot

Occasional Visitor
As per the title, any recommendations for a reasonably priced USB ssd, about 1tb, that works well with my Asus. Thanks.

Almost any USB drive will work.

The RT-AX88U is what may easily be overwhelmed by the drive, depending on how you expect to use it.

What are your ISP speeds? What do you expect to do/see with this attached drive, with respect to performance?

How many concurrent users?

What client devices?

In almost all cases, a NAS is highly preferred. Unless you're saving/retrieving word or excel files.

I've used a western digital my passport 2tb for 6 months with no issues. I have it partioned for data and a JFFS EXT4 using Minitool partition wizard.

As per the title, any recommendations for a reasonably priced USB ssd, about 1tb, that works well with my Asus. Thanks.
Would be useful to know what you expect to use it for. Personally, I see no need for a USB HDD on my router, but the option is there. Just be sure to set your expectations appropriately.