What's new

Can I Optimize my RT-AC3100?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The 6183 is going great. Just downloaded all the updates for my ps4 games. It listed wifi speeds around 75mbs (thats with the rt3100 in the same room as ps4).

The 6190 is a dud modem. Arris has already released 3 firmwares to address the issue and it remains and has caused other issues as well. Puma 6 should be avoided at all costs. Those that say they dont have issues just dont notice them but they are there. This has been tested by many as well as Chris Tuska who works for Arris. Arris is also being sued over the modem for continuing to market junk when they knew it was defective. The 6183 or the Netgear CM600 are a much better D3.0 modem.

I've never had a problem with the 6190. It had worked great from the first day I purchased it

It's been a challenged device with regards to user feedback - some good, some bad - which is unusual for a Moto/Arris cable modem - most of them have been plug in, provision with cableco, and they just work - the SB6190, not so much according to user opinions...

All I can say is mine works fine. If there are issues and I don't notice them then are they really an issue for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the issue with the arris is the latency issue. The 6183 is running pretty solid.

I just went back to best buy, and the 6190 was removed off the shelves, but the 6183 is still there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!