What's new

Can RT-AX86U ZAKU II EDITION be installed Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vstevenphan

Occasional Visitor
I don't know if this version can be installed Merlin as normal as AX86U standard version? Is it just different in appearance?

The difference is just the visuals. Exact same hardware.
You paid a premium for the fancy look and gui update.
If you want to lose the gui mod then yes you can use merlin firmware.

The difference is just the visuals. Exact same hardware.
You paid a premium for the fancy look and gui update.
If you want to lose the gui mod then yes you can use merlin firmware.
Ah yes, I just want to know if it can be installed merlin. I don't want to brick the router

With no stock RT-AX86U units in sight locally, I may have to resort to purchasing a red RT-AX86U Zaku version available locally or import a stock unit from elsewhere.

Were you able to put merlin on your Zaku router? and more importantly, were you able to get rid of that gaudy red UI it came with?

Just making sure before I purchase 1.

I just purchased a Zaku version RT-AX86U. Im using the latest version of Merlin firmware v386.3. Merlin works very good. I installed FlexQos script as well. Installing Merlin doesnt remove the Zaku Red borders in the menus. I like the Zaku red. It would be nice though if there was a way to turn it off though.

Thanks for answers.

So flashing Merlin won't remove the Zaku II theme right? I also don't really like the theme, but if I'm thinking to resell this router, the people who'll buy it probably prefer the Zaku II theme.
If it's removed, will flashing the original firmware (from the AX86U Zaku II support page) will revert the theme?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!