What's new

Can someone give me dummy guide on access LAN ip with OpenVPN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You might be on to something there. The same problem appears to have been reported here. Again, the client is an iPhone which always seems to be the devices that have problems.

@martinr You say you don't have any problem connecting? Are you still using your iPhone to connect? If so, would you mind telling us what client version you are using, and what router firmware version.

Sure, Colin. @ColinTaylor

Yes, I still use my iPhoneSE on the latest iOS (12.1.4)

I use the OpenVPN Connect App (latest version 3.0.2)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8

I also use this app on an iPad.

On Windows 10 I use OpenVPN v11.10.0.0

Router is the wonderfully reliable RT-AC68U running the wonderfully reliable RMerlin firmware 384.9. (For once, I’m up to date with the firmware and not ashamed to have to admit to being 5 versions behind.)

Thanks @martinr Could you compare your settings with those in post #1 to see if there are any notable differences?

@nomnomnom Just realised that you're running an old unsupported firmware version. I suggest you update to either stock Asus firmware or preferably John's fork. There have some significant changes to OpenVPN since the version you are running.

Thanks @martinr Could you compare your settings with those in post #1 to see if there are any notable differences?

@nomnomnom Just realised that you're running an old unsupported firmware version. I suggest you update to either stock Asus firmware or preferably John's fork. There have some significant changes to OpenVPN since the version you are running.

Hi Colin, @ColinTaylor

The layout of the settings has changed a bit since the firmware version the OP is on, as I discovered in an earlier reply to him when a setting I asked him to check was absent. But I double checked those settings that are the same and, paying more attention this time, I noticed that my compression is LZO Adaptive and his is LZ4. (I know security flaws have been found with compression but as Merlin isn’t too worried about it, neither am I.). I expect you’ve hit the nail on the head with your comments to the OP.

Last edited: