What's new

Can you revisit DD-WRT vs Tomato vs Stock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrBojangels

New Around Here
It seems your test article here seems to be out of date these days, there are both much newer versions of DD-WRT and Tomato floating around. I'm specifically interested in the performance of Tomato SpeedMod in comparison to the latest stock firmware found on the WRT54GL, speed mod claims it can hold thousands of connections(4000?)and still remain responsive. I use tomato speed mod on both my WRT54GL and Asus WL520gU and I find it faster than both DD-WRT and vanilla tomato at many different tasks.

I'll see what I can do when I get a chance. However, I won't be able to confirm anything over 200 simultaneous connections.

I'm curious, however as to the value of supporting that many connections. Even if you have a 100 Mbps connection, just 100 connections would give you only 1 Mbps per connection. More does not necessarily equal better, especially considering that uplink speed of most connections is usually 1 Mbps or less.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!