What's new

Cannot connect anymore to 2.4 Gh Network AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fafot

Regular Contributor
From this morning I cannot connect anymore to the 2.4 networks on the router. The 5Gh works fine. All was working "fine" with reboot every few days - for the last 6 months.

Things I tried:
  1. Restore last backup using NVram V 21.
  2. Reset to factory settings - the long way using the WPS button while turning on the router.
  3. The router was working with Marlin 378.53 - I upgraded to the latest 378.56 beta 1.
None of the above changed the outcome.

The problem is that the devices are showing on the 2.4 network but in Rx/Tx Rate showing ?? / Mbs. From some unknown reason the D-Link AP is connecting fine even before the firmware update - maybe because it has static IP?
Any suggestions appreciated.

24problem_zpshbfejgra.jpg

Last edited:
From this morning I cannot connect anymore to the 2.4 networks on the router. The 5Gh works fine. All was working "fine" with reboot every few days - for the last 6 months.

Things I tried:
  1. Restore last backup using NVram V 21.
  2. Reset to factory settings - the long way using the WPS button while turning on the router.
  3. The router was working with Marlin 378.53 - I upgraded to the latest 378.56 beta 1.
None of the above changed the outcome.

The problem is that the devices are showing on the 2.4 network but in Rx/Tx Rate showing ?? / Mbs. From some unknown reason the D-Link AP is connecting fine even before the firmware update - maybe because it has static IP?
Any suggestions appreciated.

24problem_zpshbfejgra.jpg

Look at the absence of flags for these - they most likely aren't properly authenticating or associating with the router. Erase the profile, and reconfigure your device's connections.

I did this - it didn't help but interestingly, half an hour ago suddenly all the 2.4Gh the devices reconnected to the 2.4Gh network. To check that everything was fine I turned off and on the router and... the problem returned.

So again only the 5gh network devices are connected.

The entries from the log when it started working
Oct 17 14:41:55 rc_service: httpd 3920:notify_rc restart_firewall
Oct 17 14:41:55 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!
Oct 17 04:44:38 dnsmasq-dhcp[3680]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.100 54:a0:50:70:81:77
Oct 17 04:44:38 dnsmasq-dhcp[3680]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.100 54:a0:50:70:81:77

Last edited:
Try with removing special characters from your SSID, don't use space for example.

Try with removing special characters from your SSID, don't use space for example.
I am not using any special characters or spaces.
As I said it was working today for some time without my intervention and after the reboot it is not working again.

I am not using any special characters or spaces.
As I said it was working today for some time without my intervention and after the reboot it is not working again.
Perhaps the picture you showed is fooling my old eyes, but it looks like BPC<SPACE> Wireless.. to me.

Perhaps the picture you showed is fooling my old eyes, but it looks like BPC<SPACE> Wireless.. to me.
You are right :)
The thing is that I am using this network name for many years and also since I have this router for the last 6 months and it never been a problem. Both the 2.4 and 5Gh were working correctly until now. Also as you can see the 5Gh has the same name with additional 5G at the end and it is working fine. So I don't think this is the problem.

Well today after I connected an old router to the AC87u to temporary handle the 2.4Gh devices within a moment the AC87u fixed itself. I disconnected the old router - still fine. Than I rebooted the AC87u. All fine.:confused:

So now I am wondering what was causing this problem for more than 24 hours and more important - if or when this problem will return again????:eek:
BTW: I did no changes to any network or devices names!