What's new

Cannot get Astrill VPN to install on AX6000 running 386.7_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DBJ

New Around Here
As the title says, I can't seem to get my Astrill VPN running on my new router. I installed merlin fine, super simple. Used putty to install astrill and when I click on it on the left hand side nothing comes up.

When I was installing with putty it did mention that the "VPN binary failed". Not sure what that means.

I opened a support ticket with astrill, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask around here as well. Perhaps someone had this problem in the past and there is a known fix.

Thank you guys for your time, again.

I have gathered a large amount of information and finally solved it using this method. By connecting to the router's backend through SSH and entering the following commands:
kill -9 $(pidof skipd)
cd /jffs && rm -r .[a-zA-Z_]* *
reboot
I cleared the JFFS space, and the installation was successful.

I have gathered a large amount of information and finally solved it using this method. By connecting to the router's backend through SSH and entering the following commands:
kill -9 $(pidof skipd)
cd /jffs && rm -r .[a-zA-Z_]* *
reboot
I cleared the JFFS space, and the installation was successful.

Thank you. I noticed it did not have erase JFFS option. I was in same limo. How's the speed on applet?