What's new

Cannot get RT-N66U's system clock on GMT (.168.14B Merlin F/W)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pf5x

New Around Here
Hi all,

I have my PC's clock on UTC (= GMT), so that I do not have to bother about daylight saving and as a radio amateur I need UTC anyway. It appears I cannot get my router on GMT. When I select GMT on the Administration>System page, the router clock ends up being 1 hour later than UTC (also tried Monrovia time zone => same result). There is a yellow colored text line saying "* Remind: The System time zone is different from your locale setting." and that is obviously not the case ... Is this a known bug or any solution ?

-- Enno

2x RT-N66U, 168.14b Merlin

Hi all,

I have my PC's clock on UTC (= GMT), so that I do not have to bother about daylight saving and as a radio amateur I need UTC anyway. It appears I cannot get my router on GMT. When I select GMT on the Administration>System page, the router clock ends up being 1 hour later than UTC (also tried Monrovia time zone => same result). There is a yellow colored text line saying "* Remind: The System time zone is different from your locale setting." and that is obviously not the case ... Is this a known bug or any solution ?

-- Enno

2x RT-N66U, 168.14b Merlin

Have you tried setting the Daylight Saving option to manual, then tinkering with these options to ensure that they don't put you one hour late/ahead?

Hi Merlin,

Tnx for the quick response.

GMT does not have nor need DST .. I can tick the DST box but then options appear which simply do not apply to GMT ... So I do not quite understand what you want me to do with DST. Right now the box is unticked, as it should.

-- Enno

Hi Merlin,

Tnx for the quick response.

GMT does not have nor need DST .. I can tick the DST box but then options appear which simply do not apply to GMT ... So I do not quite understand what you want me to do with DST. Right now the box is unticked, as it should.

-- Enno

I meant try to set a manually configured DST just to see if DST is what is actually offsetting your router's clock by an hour or if it's something else. Set it for example for DST to end a few weeks ago, then see if your clock properly reports GMT.

Just tick the Manual daylight saving time box and your good to go. No need to change any settings.

Just tick the Manual daylight saving time box and your good to go. No need to change any settings.
Hi Bake73 and Merlin,

I now have ticked the manual DST box and made the DST period from M7,W3,D0,H23 to M7,W3,D1,H0. And, surprise, GMT is displayed correctly !! Strangely programmed part of the firmware, but it works for me ...

Thanks for your help.

I have another issue with the system clock not related to this so I will post it in a separate thread in a minute.

-- Enno

Last edited: