What's new

Cannot upgrade RT-AC68U with firmware 376.49_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrtea

New Around Here
I have an RT-AC68U with firmware 376.49_4 and tried to upgrade the firmware with newer versions such as 384.19_0 it however I have been unable to get it to work. When I upgrade it says its working and goes from 0 to 100 then says complete however it doesn't do anything and just stays on the current firmware. I don't see any notes about it in the system log. I also tried the latest official firmware as well but did the same thing. Does anyone know what could be the issue and how I could troubleshoot it? Thank you.

I have an RT-AC68U with firmware 376.49_4 and tried to upgrade the firmware with newer versions such as 384.19_0 it however I have been unable to get it to work. When I upgrade it says its working and goes from 0 to 100 then says complete however it doesn't do anything and just stays on the current firmware. I don't see any notes about it in the system log. I also tried the latest official firmware as well but did the same thing. Does anyone know what could be the issue and how I could troubleshoot it? Thank you.
If I remember correctly this is a two-step process where you have to upgrade to 378.55 first and then to the latest. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

have an RT-AC68U with firmware 376.49_4 and tried to upgrade the firmware with newer versions such as 384.19_0 it however I have been unable to get it to work
U need an intermediate fw to update the partition size. Flash with 378.55 first(the last one on the list) , reboot and flash with 384.19 , factory default , reconfig from scracth

Last edited:
@mrtea, welcome to the forums and to 2020! :D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!