What's new

Can't access my Comcast account with Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

I don't access my Comcast (Xfinity) account often but have not been able to login for several weeks. I think but can't be certain that this situation is a result of flashing Merlin which I did for the first time in mid-January (384.19). I am now on 386.1-2 on my AC66U B1. I pretty much use all the default settings but I suppose it's possible I changed something I shouldn't have. I'm sure it's something in the router settings because I was able to login with my phone on wifi at a different location today and can login with my phone using a data connection. I have tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, FF, Edge) with the same result. The error message is "oauth.xfinity.com took too long to respond" followed by the standard Windows suggestions of checking proxy settings and firewall. There are no other sites that I can't access so there's something Comcast is expecting that it's not seeing. I'm expecting an AX86U to arrive this week and I will set it up with the stock firmware to get started. In the meantime, if there's an obvious firmware setting that could cause this problem, suggestions are welcome

I don't access my Comcast (Xfinity) account often but have not been able to login for several weeks. I think but can't be certain that this situation is a result of flashing Merlin which I did for the first time in mid-January (384.19). I am now on 386.1-2 on my AC66U B1. I pretty much use all the default settings but I suppose it's possible I changed something I shouldn't have. I'm sure it's something in the router settings because I was able to login with my phone on wifi at a different location today and can login with my phone using a data connection. I have tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, FF, Edge) with the same result. The error message is "oauth.xfinity.com took too long to respond" followed by the standard Windows suggestions of checking proxy settings and firewall. There are no other sites that I can't access so there's something Comcast is expecting that it's not seeing. I'm expecting an AX86U to arrive this week and I will set it up with the stock firmware to get started. In the meantime, if there's an obvious firmware setting that could cause this problem, suggestions are welcome
Any add-ons? Sounds like a Diversion/Skynet block, but I have xfinity running both D/SN and don't have any issues (running NoScript on the browser does block login, however).

Be sure to clear the browser cache. Firmware updates can often cause strange behavior between the browser and cached data.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!