What's new

Can't access router administration page on RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

checkmate

New Around Here
(First post. If I'm in the wrong place please let me know. I have searched extensively first.)

After a firmware update on my RT-AC68U I can't access it via 192.168.1.1.

After updating my screen displayed:

"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh. Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U. To access the settings of RT-AC68U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

After searching I saw it suggested to use https://192.168.1.1 This gives me security warnings but after I click through I get an icloud login screen. I don't use icloud and don't know why it's launching but it seems like disabling it would solve my problem. Which I don't see how to do without being able to access the router administration page.

I tried asus support and their advice was "factory reset". This is a new router replacing a failed one of the same model that I just spent an hour setting up. I'd rather not start over and I don't trust their CSR that that's the only fix.

I can't confirm my firmware version because I can't get into the admin screen.

I've already rebooted, tried multiple browsers (including incognito mode) and multiple devices (my android phone does the same thing, the app doesn't work either.)

I think I found it.

I recently set up a mesh network. Two 68Us. The old one had been problematic so I bought a new one and did a factory reset on the old. The new was working great solo so I set the old (with fresh factory reset and firmware update) up as an aimesh node. After I did the devices connecting to the old router were having trouble so I unplugged it.

I just plugged it back in and now I can get back into the router settings.

Do I need to do something to tell it "don't be a mesh network anymore" instead of just unplugging the mesh node?

Either on main router deselect node as Aimesh node or make factory reset with reset button or WPS while powering on.
Thats the way to go for Aimesh nodes or even often bridges to set them back to normal operation.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!