What's new

Can't connect Merlin OpenVPN client to Pivpn server.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xGMBx

New Around Here
Good morning all,

Attempting to connect a remote AC5300 (384.19) to my Pi 3B+ pivpn (OpenVPN) server.

Using Android/windows 10 Openvpn client I can import the .ovpn file and I'm up and running without issue. (Ports are all open and the server is definitely functional)

This is just a test user, but the log is telling me -> TLS Error: TLS handshake failed.
I've tried with and without a password, still "Error - check configuration"

Here are two screen caps of my settings and the log output.

Log readout
My settings

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• vpn-log.jpg
    vpn-log.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 120
Through more testing I now realize it's a port issue, I just don't know why. Forwarded the port on router, I check the UDP port using IPfingerprints.com and it shows open|filtered on UDP but I can't connect anywhere outside my LAN. I can't get Wireguard to connect either. DMZ made no difference, I have another router connected using PPPOE directly to my Modem/Router that was issued it's own IP address from my ISP so maybe that's causing some type of interference.

Thanks to anyone who read my initial question.

I have the same issue. everything worked well on 384 as soon as I upgraded to 386, I could not connect to PI anymore. With the error Check configuration.
If anyone can help. Here is the log file... This is after a factory reset and reloading the exact same ovpn file.
I downgraded back to 384 in the meantime.
I can see 3 errors in the log file: Cypher, SSL, Name Check...

Attachments

• syslog386.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 76

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!