What's new

Entware Can't install Transmission 3.00-8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Megahurtz

Occasional Visitor
AMTM shows an update available for Transmission from 3.00-4 to 3.00-8. The update menu doesn't seem to do much. Downloads a couple files and then goes back to the menu, still shows an update available. I tried running the opkg install command from the command line and spotted a few errors though.

Upgrading transmission-web on root from 3.00-4 to 3.00-8...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/transmission-web_3.00-8_all.ipk
Installing transmission-daemon (3.00-8) to root...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/transmission-daemon_3.00-8_armv7-2.6.ipk
Collected errors
* check_data_file_clashes: Package transmission-daemon wants to install file /opt/bin/transmission-daemon
But that file is already provided by package * transmission-daemon-openssl
* check_data_file_clashes: Package transmission-daemon wants to install file /opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission
* check_data_file_clashes: Package transmission-daemon wants to install file /opt/etc/sysctl.d/20-transmission.conf
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package transmission-web

I tried to install transmission-daemon-openssl after that, but it reports that 3.00-4 is installed and up to date. I see the 3.00-8 packages for Transmission listed for Entware, but not the transmission-daemon-openssl. The Merlin wiki still says to install transmission-daemon-openssl when setting up Transmission. What am I missing here?

AMTM shows an update available for Transmission from 3.00-4 to 3.00-8. The update menu doesn't seem to do much. Downloads a couple files and then goes back to the menu, still shows an update available. I tried running the opkg install command from the command line and spotted a few errors though.

I tried to install transmission-daemon-openssl after that, but it reports that 3.00-4 is installed and up to date. I see the 3.00-8 packages for Transmission listed for Entware, but not the transmission-daemon-openssl. The Merlin wiki still says to install transmission-daemon-openssl when setting up Transmission. What am I missing here?
This is an Entware issue. Entware changed the way they're naming the packages for TRANSMISSION. I fixed this by backing up my transmission .conf files, and uninstalling the old version and installing the new. I made sure the new version used my .conf.

here is the new names of all the packages.

1607407025869.png

For example, transmission-daemon-openssl is now simply called transmission-daemon. so you have to uninstall transmission-daemon-openssl and reinstall it as transmission-daemon to use the new version.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help! If anyone else comes across this, when uninstalling transmission with opkg, it left my config, stats, resume directory, etc intact. I backed them all up before removing, but was pleased to find out it didn't remove or overwrite them when uninstalling/reinstalling.

Hi, I have the same problem so i tried to uninstall Transmission but i couldn't. I'm noob and new working with entware.
I open a terminal window and i write "opkg remove transmission" but it didn't work. I don't know what i am doing wrong.
Could anybody tell me what i have to do from the beginning?
Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem so i tried to uninstall Transmission but i couldn't. I'm noob and new working with entware.
I open a terminal window and i write "opkg remove transmission" but it didn't work. I don't know what i am doing wrong.
Could anybody tell me what i have to do from the beginning?
Thanks
opkg remove transmission --force-depends

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!