What's new

Can't leave dd-wrt. Really want Merlin ;-)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I switched from my windows PC to a mac and the upload completed! Thank you all for your help! =)

Hi,

I also have problem to revert back my AC68U HW:E1 to stock or Merlin. I flashed it very easy to ddwrt, but now I cannot get rid of it :mad:

I tried everything, which I found in the forums: WebGui, Asus restoration tool, Asus CFE mini web server. It accepts the firmware but after reboot the router doesnt not start. When I upload any DDWRT version it accepts it and starts working. I tried of course 378.55, but the result is the same.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Nedqlko

Hi,

I also have problem to revert back my AC68U HW:E1 to stock or Merlin. I flashed it very easy to ddwrt, but now I cannot get rid of it :mad:

I tried everything, which I found in the forums: WebGui, Asus restoration tool, Asus CFE mini web server. It accepts the firmware but after reboot the router doesnt not start. When I upload any DDWRT version it accepts it and starts working. I tried of course 378.55, but the result is the same.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Nedqlko

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t really have any ideas except to say keep persevering. You might just want to have a try at something that worked for a forum member recently on a different router:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/solved-cannot-reset-rt-n66u.29672/#post-527595

And you might want to have a read if L&LD’s Manual and Mimimal Guide just in case you are overlooking something silly like leaving a usb stick plugged in.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Certainly, don’t give up just yet. It may well help if you come at it again with a clear head and try and provide a bit more info eg when you say nothing seems to have worked, provide details of what you see including what the LEDs are doing and any error messages etc.

Last edited:
Hi,

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Nedqlko
I’m wondering if you try an older version of Johns fork (pre 18E1) if that would help. John also hosts an old Asus firmware on his OneDrive that helps with the 32M rootfs transition.

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V39E3)

The E1 hardware has a different processor (BCM4709C0) that is not supported by Merlin's firmware before 380. Try installing 380.57 as that is the oldest (and smallest) version that supports your processor.

If that doesn't work try John's fork as Dave mentioned. But try version V27E1 or newer because, like Merlin's, the older versions don't support your hardware.

The E1 hardware has a different processor (BCM4709C0) that is not supported by Merlin's firmware before 380. Try installing 380.57 as that is the oldest (and smallest) version that supports your processor.

If that doesn't work try John's fork as Dave mentioned. But try version V27E1 or newer because, like Merlin's, the older versions don't support your hardware.

Than you very much! I uploaded version 380.57 via DDWRT WEB and after the reboot I could not believe on my eyes - I saw ASUS configuration page. After that I updated to the last version without any issues.

Most probably the problem was that the oldest versions do not support hardware E1 and the newer were greater than 32MB.

Hello,
Hey there, I have this same issue with a AC88U. Could you provide me with a patched build to fix this?

Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!